News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Error: Please enter your name" - required fields bug on checkout registration

Started by olgri, February 20, 2013, 09:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mowlman

Is this answered elsewhere and I am just missing it, or is this just left undone?
in process of upgrading from 20b to latest VM, perhaps it will be fixed?

jhoompk

I think VM forum has very few moderators and they cant solve issues quickly.
This is the reason i found many issues on this forum remain unsolved

Milbo

Totally Bonkers jhoompk,

Read the thread correctly. There was no real bug, it was just not nice solved in vm2, so it  some people thought there is a bug.

VM 2 and VM3 show the form and offer the choice, if you want to register or proceed as guest. So we show the "required stars" not for the fields for the registration, if checkout as guest is allowed. In vm2, even you used the register button, they were not marked as required. This is enhanced in vm3.

The rest of this 2 year old thread is about wrong configurations or misunderstandings.

We have a lot moderators, but also a lot users. We have a lot not answered threads because

People tend to open a lot threads for the same issue.  People tend to ignore the already given answer (as here!). This forum is done by volunteers, this is not a "customer" forum, this is a user forum.

So if you want that people answer, show that you are not just too lazy to read the answers.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

@jhoompk be aware that this is a peer support forum, it is VirtueMart users and developers helping other VirtueMart users in their own time and free of charge. Any member can offer advice to others. Please feel free to offer useful advice or support to any of the issues you find to be unsolved.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tonsenson

Thank you olgri for that post!!!!! I had the displayed name turned off, also that it is not required and the error message popped up but I did not recognize the displayed name was meant. I solved my problem after hours of try and error!!! :)

Tonsenson

maks

Quote from: Milbo on June 02, 2015, 10:47:36 AM
Totally Bonkers jhoompk,

Read the thread correctly. There was no real bug, it was just not nice solved in vm2, so it  some people thought there is a bug.

VM 2 and VM3 show the form and offer the choice, if you want to register or proceed as guest. So we show the "required stars" not for the fields for the registration, if checkout as guest is allowed. In vm2, even you used the register button, they were not marked as required. This is enhanced in vm3.

The rest of this 2 year old thread is about wrong configurations or misunderstandings.

We have a lot moderators, but also a lot users. We have a lot not answered threads because

People tend to open a lot threads for the same issue.  People tend to ignore the already given answer (as here!). This forum is done by volunteers, this is not a "customer" forum, this is a user forum.

So if you want that people answer, show that you are not just too lazy to read the answers.

For me this is a bug.
If i have config
On checkout, ask for registration yes
Only registered users can checkout yes

Then there are missing asteriks on essential fields. This is confusing and only can be solved with a hack.

People "ignore" the already given answers, because they are often wrong ;)

Milbo

You are right with that, but it has nothing todo with the thread. The original thread is 2 years old and vm3 has a new handling.

Btw, fixed it, next version will show asteriks when you have "only registered" activated
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member