News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Different price for different quantity

Started by neorehud, February 19, 2013, 23:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neorehud

I've been through the forums and I've found the answer, but it is not working for me.  When I added the first product, it did work, but since then it has been giving me problems.  I have a product that has a distinct price for each quantity of one to ten.  Price for 1: 147, Price for 2: 209, Price for 3: 218 etc.  I have set a different price for each amount (Quantity range: 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, etc.).  On the product page, when I change the quantity, the in-page calculation is correct, put when I add to cart (for example 2 at total price of 209) this price is multiplied by the quantity (in this case, the price in the cart would be 418).  Obviously I'm doing something wrong.  Any help is appreciated.

jenkinhill

Price for 1: 147, Price for 2: 209, Price for 3: 218

So the prices on the product BE editor should be:

Price for 1: 147, Price for 2: 104.5, Price for 3: 72.67    ---- is that what you set?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

neorehud

Thanks jenkinhill,

Went to sleep and woke up and saw the light ;).  We are dealing with the per-unit price.  I had thought that when I gave a quantity range, I needed to give a total price for the quantity. 

Ehud

rzrz

I saw the light with this post too!

But if I have 10 items and once the quantity reaches 3 per item, the price should be set at 72.67. I wonder how to do that?

Price for 1: 147
Price for 2: 104.5
Price for 3: 72.67 
Price for 4: 72.67
~
Price for 100: 72.67

swanson22

Hey guys I am having an issue with pricing as well not on my attributes but on my quantity box in the categories. When I click +1 and lets say the product is 300 it flashes quickly and then stays 300 no matter how many I add to the cart. It updates in the actual cart but I would like it to update on the actual page as well so people can see the price as they add multiple products from that category. So I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what the variable is on the updated price on the product page so I can fix this and it will show the price for all quantities not just one unit.