New Standard Shipping Plugin with Free Shipping Categories and Products by ID

Started by WebStuff, February 18, 2013, 19:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilwhit

The template does have overrides for the VM cart (default_coupon.php, default_pricelist.php, default.php, order_done.php, select_payment.php, select_shipment.php).

Same for the other site with VM 2.0.20.

I did try a couple times to remove the tables and do a fresh install, but it didn't help.

I am using the VM - Shipment by Weight, Zip for a free shipping over $50, and it works fine on both sites.
Joomla v2.5.9

WebStuff

I'll check through the back changelogs for VM 2.0.12 to 2.0.14 this weekend to see if they changed anything that is effecting it. I seem to remember they had a problem with the PayPal plugin at one point so they changed the layout of that (some function names and suchlike got changed) but I can't remember which upgrade that was on.

WebStuff

Quote from: neilwhit on May 02, 2013, 18:03:44 PMThat said, there is still a problem in that I have specified only a single product ID for free shipping, but the free option shows up no matter what I add to the cart. I have not added the item specified in the config, but the free option shows and it lets me select it.
This was just a module to replace the normal weight and countries with the added option of free categories. If you have other shipping options as well then it will show up if the "conditions" are correct.
You can change this behaviour but it would require another option adding to the config or a hack.

neilwhit

Quote from: mirrorsandglass on May 02, 2013, 18:21:10 PM
This was just a module to replace the normal weight and countries with the added option of free categories. If you have other shipping options as well then it will show up if the "conditions" are correct.
You can change this behaviour but it would require another option adding to the config or a hack.

1. Will it conflict if I have another Shipment Method for free shipping over a certain dollar amount?

2. When I did get it to work on the site with VM 2.0.20, the only entry I had in the config tab was an item number. However, it comes up as available on any and all items added to the cart (none of which are the item ID specified in the config). It did not work for only the item ID I had specified. Am I doing something wrong in the config?
Joomla v2.5.9

seaniemorris

Just tried your plugin mirrorsandglass, and it worked a treat, thanks for the work you put in!

Seanie.