News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shopper fields are not editable on FE / Text Attributes Does not show up in BE

Started by xpozay, February 18, 2013, 05:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpozay

I have migrated my data from VM1 to VM2 including my custom shopper fields (text type).

When looking at the userinfo table, the custom shopper fields and data have moved across OK.

If I place a new order, on the registration form, the custom shopper fields does not show up (nothing field to edit).  The field label do show up however.  The behavior is the same on both the billing & shipping form.  Note:  Only the old customer shopper fields input does not show up.  New customer shopper fields show up.

ALSO, from the backend, I can edit the custom shopper field except that the "Text Field Attributes" box does not show up, so I am unable to edit "Max Length".

If I create a new custom shopper field, this show up correct only the front end and I can see the attributes in the back end.

I have checked the structure of two fields in table userinfo and userfields tables.  I have copied the values from the new to the old shopper field to ensure that all values are the same.

When looking at Firebug, I can see that there is a difference between the output created in both old and new.  In the old field (all old fields), there is nothing after class="values".  There should be <input id> - see below.

Old Custom Shopper Fields

<span class="grouped vm_myoldfieldl">
<span class="titles"> My old field </span>
<span class="values"> </span>
</span>

New Custom Shopper Fields
<span class="grouped My New Field">
<span class="titles"> New Field </span>
<span class="values">
<input id="vm_test_test_field" type="text" maxlength="20" value="" size="10" name="mynewfiled">
</span>

Is this a known problem?

Aside from the table userfields, where else defines the userfiels - there must be something otherwise how does VM know that these are older shopper fields?   

xpozay

I have still not found a resolution to this.  I have compared old migrated fields against new fields and can find nothing that is different.

I did find that in the backend when editing the shopper fields, those user fields that were migrated do not show the textfield attributes as in the attached image. Yet the newly create custom fields show the text field attribute.    Even with this knowledge I cannot find any differences with the data in virtuemart_userfields or the virtuemart_userfield_values.

Any assistance with this is apprciated.

xpozay

Just realised I did not include the version details.
J 2.5.9
VM 2.0.18a

Thanks

jawadakr

hi

i got the same problem while working on a project 2 times. last time it was more like a fluke but since now i know what's the main cause of it. so i am sharing here as well.

when we migrate from old vm to new version somehow the "type" field values in virtuemart_userfilds table got a space in them. specially all the migrated one. so instead of saving values as "text" the value is being added like this " text". its not noticable at first because phpmyadmin usually don't show you the space before the word as output it as trim value.

so simply remove the space or run a query to trim the values in type column. that will fix your problem as well. let me know if that works for you or any one else.

thanks

jawad