News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Reviews not showing in admin

Started by insightcreative, February 14, 2013, 14:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insightcreative

Hi

I might be missing the point here but I've enabled ratings and reviews, setting it so everyone can see, and people who bought that product can review.

I just tried leaving a review - didn't log in or anything - and it said that it had been successfully submitted.  However, nothing appears on the admin section of the site.

Regards

Andy

jenkinhill

Which J/VM versions?

If you are not logged into the FE and have not bought that products then you should not be prompted or see the textbox to write a review. When logged in as customer I can see the add review box for products I have bought as that customer. That is how it works for me in 2.0.18a and I thought also all previous versions.  I have no overrides set up.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Stonedfury

Quote from: insightcreative on February 14, 2013, 14:11:34 PM
Hi

I might be missing the point here but I've enabled ratings and reviews, setting it so everyone can see, and people who bought that product can review.

I just tried leaving a review - didn't log in or anything - and it said that it had been successfully submitted.  However, nothing appears on the admin section of the site.

Regards

Andy
Joomla 2.5.9 VM 2.0.20b php 5.3 and I am seeing the same thing. I have it to only registered users are able to leave a review but they are visible to all. I had it set where it was not auto published. I logged in on a bogus account that has fake purchases and such. Went to a product and typed a review, submitted and was told it was successful. Then I go into admin area to see it and either approve or not and it is not showing. Only the last 3 reviews, which are 2.0.12f, I wondered why there were no reviews as customers have claimed they are leaving them.
I went into admin and turned on "Auto Publish Reviews" and now the review I typed is in fact entered but still does not show in the back end. It is the same on another site with fresh 2.5.9 joomla and fresh vm 2.0.20b same server settings too. Is there a solution or someone who has fixed this and can share?
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

PT Lyon

Listen, probably this will not help you, but I just found out some strange behaviour with my reviews too, so you should try.

When I go to the backend, the review is there, I publish it, but it wasn't showing and I couldn't figure out why.

Then almost by accident, in the reviews list at the backend (there was only one, published), I clicked in the date. And then two reviews appeared - they were unpublished. I published them, and now they are showing, in the website.

I don't understand exactly why this is working like that.

Cheack the attached images.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Stonedfury

Exact same experience. It is putting the date as what you need to click but it doesn't update that date when a new review comes out. I think that the product name and dates are switched and the product name should not link to the product as it does.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

kden

Has anybody ever found an actual solution to this? I now have VM2.0.22a and still have this issue of the review not appearing. The only help I got was to use csvi, which I don't really know how to.
Somebody somewhere has to have sorted out how to enter a review when you have guest checkcout??

Maxim Pishnyak

Could you provide a link to your web shop?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

Stonedfury

This fixed the layout issue in previous version so that at least it looked and linked as intended. I do not know if they included it into the updated 2.0.22a as I did the hack myself. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115734.msg389951#msg389951

romatvirtue

Anybody that is still wondering what is going on with the reviews... So it DOESpost the reviews in the back-end. However, it categorizes them based on the products. In other words, if you have a product that has 10 reviews, it'll only display one line in the "Reviews & Ratings" section. What's confusing about this and why we all can't find our reviews is the fact that it displays the date of the very first review and not of the most recent one. That's weird and one of those bad designs. Not sure if the latest VM has this figured out, but I am still on 2.0.22a and this is how it's working. Hope this helps. Thanks.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

donkeyslo

Joomla 3.7.4.
Virtuemart 3.2.2
Still the same behaviour, that really isn't admin-friendly ...