News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Admin Tabs still not working in IE8

Started by RNHWebDev, February 19, 2013, 03:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RNHWebDev

I have a fresh install of VM 2.0.18a on Joomla 2.5.9. In the VM Admin while editing a Product, the tabs feature is not working. This is the common IE8 issue where the content for all six tabs show up on the first tab (Product Information) stacked on top of one another. I did see one forum post referring to editing the vm2admin.js file and adding the missing / to the span tag, but that was apparently already fixed by the VM team prior to 2.0.18a. As this is a jQuery UI feature, I checked the changelogs for jQuery UI to see if updating to the newest version may solve it, however nothing was mentioned in the changelogs. As much as we all hate IE, I cannot everyone just tells their clients to use Firefox or Chome. Has anyone come up with any sort of work around for this?

jenkinhill

Works fine for me in IE9 and IE10  - so maybe suggest the clients should update?  I do advise all my clients using Joomla or Wordpress and old XP computers that they should use Chrome or Firefox for best results.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

RNHWebDev

I understand it works in IE9 (and Firefox, Chrome etc.) They are still on XP and as I am sure you know IE9 is not an option for XP. We would all love to see IE8 (or IE for that matter) go away completely but that is not the case. Has anyone had even partial success with this issue?

kaybee57

I have a client whose laptop admin ui works perfectly (W7 IE) and her retail widescreen (also W7 IE) now stacks the tabs even though it never used to. Not sure which IE version though.
Also unable to select product categories in the dropdown that now comes up. Using J2.5.8 and VM 2.0.18a - all began well on the widescreen initially.
I also would be interested in seeing what others here might think.