News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Not receiving order email

Started by zaza1964, February 12, 2013, 05:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaza1964

Hello,

After upgrading to the latest Virtuemart version (2.0.18a), we are not receiving the email when an order is placed. We do receive the PayPal confirmation though.
Joomla 2.5.9.

Thanks for your help!

Hujub

Bump this is happening to me two since updating

zaza1964

Well it's happening to me ALL f the time since updating!!!!!!!
I really would like a solution as my client is not a happy camper.

Thank you!

maxdeal

jenkinhill

Assuming Joomla mail settings are correct and the server does not block order mails, the check your vendor configuration - best doing this in the database using phpMyAdmin

Single vendor site:
  In table ###_virtuemart_vmusers  check that the admin to receive the mail (usually superadmin) has 1 in the user_is_vendor field and a number in the virtuemart_vendor_id field. For a single vendor site this vendor id would be 1.  Check also in the ###_user that there is a 1 in the sendEmail field against the admin who should receive the system mail (or all of those to whom mail should be sent)

Multivendor: If you are using more than one vendor then each should have a 1 in user_is_vendor field numbers 1, 2, 3 etc in the virtuemart_vendor_id  (if not then that vendor(s) is not properly set up.

Do not have Enable Multivendor set to administrated multivendor unless you are actually using and have set up more than one vendor.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zaza1964

Will check, thank you, but everything was working until I upgraded VirtueMart with its latest update.

Hujub

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 15, 2013, 11:51:33 AM
Assuming Joomla mail settings are correct and the server does not block order mails, the check your vendor configuration - best doing this in the database using phpMyAdmin

Single vendor site:
  In table ###_virtuemart_vmusers  check that the admin to receive the mail (usually superadmin) has 1 in the user_is_vendor field and a number in the virtuemart_vendor_id field. For a single vendor site this vendor id would be 1.  Check also in the ###_user that there is a 1 in the sendEmail field against the admin who should receive the system mail (or all of those to whom mail should be sent)

Multivendor: If you are using more than one vendor then each should have a 1 in user_is_vendor field numbers 1, 2, 3 etc in the virtuemart_vendor_id  (if not then that vendor(s) is not properly set up.

Do not have Enable Multivendor set to administrated multivendor unless you are actually using and have set up more than one vendor.

Thanks for the advise

virtuemart_vmusers user_is_vendor =1
virtuemart_vmusers virtuemart_vendor_id =1
User_sendEmail =1
Enable Multivendor =None

Still no mail coming through

Th.Pilegaard

Got the same problem.

But as I see it, the problem is that the order is not changing status from pending to confirmed.

When I change status manually the mails are sent and received.

The worst is that the customer don't get mails either before I change status  >:(

kind regards
Thomas

jenkinhill

Changing from pending to confirmed is triggered by the payment plugin.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

petrgaluska

Did anybody solve this problem, please?
Today I upgraded to VM 2.0.24 and order confirm mail does not sent (the same for upgrade VM 2.0.22),
only after change status in administration.

I suppose, sendinng automatic confirm mail to vendor and customer after confirm order from customer
is matter of course. Otherwise is e-shop unusable. Or not?

kind regards

Petr

cheesenbizkitz

I have this same issue, and it is a major problem for me.

I had the problem on virtuemart 2.0.20b and have upgraded to 2.0.24 and still have the issue.

My payment plugin successfully works and the order will come back as "Confirmed by Shopper" and I have set this status as the confirmed one that sends out invoices. I'm also using VirtueMart alongside a Joomdle installation so that users get automatically enrolled in online courses when they pay, but this doesn't happen automatically because of this issue.

If I go to orders, change the status from "Confirmed by Shopper" to something else, and then back to "Confirmed by Shopper" and update the order status, then everything works fine, confirmation emails are sent and the user gets enrolled into their course, but for some reason this trigger doesn't seem to be happening when the payment plugin sets the status, only when I do it manually through the orders section.

Does anyone know what this trigger is and how it is triggered by the "Update Order Status" button? If I knew which functions to fire I could probably add them into the code for my payment plugin and then it might work.

sdl

same problem for me with VM 2.0.22 and sips atos plugin ...

Any suggestion will be welcome :D

regards

petrgaluska

The problem with automatic sending e-mail after confirm order
is solved by Evelina in czech forum:

Configure Virtuemart - checkout:

Default Order Status to send email to shopper: add "Pending"

Default Order Status to send email to vendor: add "Pending"

Petr

sdl

Quote from: petrgaluska on October 04, 2013, 07:48:53 AM
The problem with automatic sending e-mail after confirm order
is solved by Evelina in czech forum:

Configure Virtuemart - checkout:

Default Order Status to send email to shopper: add "Pending"

Default Order Status to send email to vendor: add "Pending"

Petr

I already have "pending" in my lists but that does not work ... :(

petrgaluska

Did you try change seting e-mail from php to smpt? (in global config.)
I had problems with php and after seting to smtp ... OK.