News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Laptop Database at www.nbdb.de

Started by nbdb.de, February 08, 2013, 22:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbdb.de

Hi VirtueMart community,

Before introducing my own project, I'd like to thank all the community members who are tirelessly contributing to this forum and answerings miriards of questions. Thank you! Also a big thank you to the VirtueMart developers for making this eCommerce solution possible. You guys are awesome! :D

Although I consider myself a fairly experienced Wordpress and osCommerce admin / developer, I have only been working with Joomla! / VirtueMart for about a month now. I have seen many great examples of what you can do with VirtueMart and I would like to present you with my efforts so far:

Check out www.nbdb.de

A little background
Within the last four weeks I built a Notebook Database with VirtueMart's catalogue function. The whole project aims to be a comprehensive database of notebooks, laptops, netbooks, ultrabooks, etc. Although not a classic shopfront the current implementation allows me to earn some money via amazon's affiliate program. Users filter through laptops by clicking the specs on the left and if they wish to do so they can directly purchase through amazon.

Right now I am looking for as much feedback as I can get and I also need to expand my userbase to test how things are going to scale and if this venture will make sense at all. So please, don't hold back and give me your comments! :D

Marco
nbdb.de