News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM2 "Downloads for Sale" Plugin for downloadable products

Started by reinhold, February 08, 2013, 21:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinhold

I have now also created a "Downloads for Sale" plugin:
http://www.open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/vm2-downloads-for-sale.html

This forum is no longer meant as the support forum of the plugin. If you need support, feel free to post in our dedicated support forum for this plugin: http://open-tools.net/support-forum/vm-downloads-for-sale.html

This is a Virtuemart 2 plugin to sell downloadable files, or provide downloads linked with a bought product (e.g. drivers). The downloads can either be free for all (no registration, no payment), only for registered users of your site, or only after a product has been paid. For paid downloads, once the order has been confirmed, the download link will appear both on the product page and in the invoice / order confirmation (its appearance is configurable).

What this plugin tries to do:
  •     Allow free downloads (attached to VirtueMart products) for everyone
  •     Allow free downloads (attached to VirtueMart products) only for registered (and logged-in) users
  •     Sell downloadable files in VirtueMart, with no download restictions attached (a buyer will have unrestricted access after purchase, i.e. no time limit or by number of downloads)
  •     The direct download link will be displayed on the product's page as well as in the invoice (configurable)
  •     Download of paid downloads requires the ordernumber and order password (given in the link)
  •     A "All your downloads" page is also provided, where the user can see the download links for all the products he has purchased.

This plugin allows you to add downloadable media files as custom fields (similar to the iStraxx and the Spiral download plugins) and provide those files as free, registered or paid downloads to the user. It has some improvements over the other plugins:

• The download link is also shown on the product details page if the user is logged in (and has purchased the product in the past)
  • There is a separate "All my downloads" page that show the links to all the downloads that the current user has access to. (anonymous users can use the ordernumber and order password to access the downloads).
On the other hand, this plugin does NOT try to:

•     Give access to downloads only for a limited period of time, or for a limited number of downloads
  •     Keep track of who downloads a file
  •     Give streaming access to movie or audio files

[attachment cleanup by admin]

t68

Hi!
Interested in this plugin for my shop. Is it still working with latest versions of VM, like 2.0.26d?

Can I get a trial before I buy to see if it fits my needs?

Thanks for any reply!

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

reinhold

You can try the plugin at my demo site: http://demo.kainhofer.com/
Admin access (restricted to virtuemart) is admin/admin.

t68

Ok, thanks! How is language support / translations working? I need it to speak Swedish 😊

reinhold

The plugin uses the normal Joomla translation system (via language files). Currently, only the English and German language files exist, but you can of course translate it to Swedish (copy the file to ./administrator/language/se-SE/se-SE.plg_vmcustom_downloads_for_sale.ini and translate the strings; Please check whether swedish really uses se-SE as language prefix). I'd be happy to include the Swedish translation in future releases.

The English language file is attached, so you get an idea what needs to be translated.

Best regards,
Reinhold

[attachment cleanup by admin]

t68

Hi!
Bought your plugin tonight but run into trouble.

1. The translation doesn´t work. Still shows english in VM-admin and on front. Have translated the file as you suggested and put it in that folder. Checked that se-SE is corrext language prefix (a lot of other files in that folder has that prefix)

2. If I try to upload a zip file as you describe in http://www.open-tools.net/documentation/downloads-for-sale-plugin-for-virtuemart.html
I get error message that this is not a valid mediafile. If I try to make a product and testbuy, there is no file behind the link.
A question here: should I upload to the safe path instead of the suggested path in VM for mediafiles. This to protect from people finding out the url to the files?

Hope you can helt me fix this!

Regards!

reinhold

1) Sorry, I just checked and the correct language tag for Swedish is sv-SE (not se-SE). So of course you need to name the directory and the file sv-SE instead. You can also check this language tag yourself in your Joomla backend under "Extensions" => "Language Manager".

2) See http://open-tools.net/forum/downloads-for-sale-plugin/406-solved-media-file-not-uploading.html (Are you sure you have checked the "Upload" radiobutton when uploading the media file?)

t68

Haha! What a miss. It was the radiobutton. I´m not worthy :-).

And can confirm that translation works now to after changing to sv-SE.

Done one successful test too :-)!

Only thing now is that swedish characters won´t work. What format should I put special characters like å,ä,ö?

reinhold

The whole translation file needs to be UTF-8, if non-ASCII characters are used.

t68

Thanks! That did the trick. Just neads a little tweaking in the translation now.

t68

Hi again!
New question: i would like to sell a download of a collection of mp3:s as a download to a product. And I get it working for the whole compilation in a zip file.

But how do I do if I on the same product also want to give customers an option to chose buy separate songs instead of the whole compilation. Like from a checkbox menue or chose ad to cart from a list of songs? This possible with this plugin?

t68

Hi! According to the webpage for this plugin it should support multiple downloadable file on the same VMproduct.
http://www.open-tools.net/component/content/article.html?id=47
Says: "It is of course possible to add multiple downloads (free and paid in any combination) to a product. Simply create multiple custom fields as described in this section."

But when I try this, only the link to the first added file appears i the confirmation e-mail and on the order page. Am I doing something wrong here?

Running J 2.5.24, VM 2.6.6

reinhold

Are you sure you are using VM 2.6.6 and not VM 2.9.9?

Most pre-release versions of VM 3 (i.e. all VM 2.9.9 versions) ignored all but the first attached customfield from the same plugin. This was fixed in the final release of VM 3.0.

Best regards,
Reinhold

t68

Sorry for late answer! But I run 2.6.6. Have to be a bit careful updating since a payment module I use often breaks with new VM versions. Is there any fix I can apply in code to solve this?

thanjeys

Hi

I purchased plugin and used in Latest Joomla 3 and VM3.

Plugin working good in Free Download.

If i select Paid download its not working.  Pls could you check and solve my problem

http://webinotech.com/demo/learnuseful/administrator/
admin / admin123

Could you check and solve my problem

Thanks