News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Language of order mails

Started by kratzi, February 07, 2013, 18:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kratzi

Hi

I have a problem with the language of emails in VM2 and I hope there is a solution for that.

If you have your backend in a different language than your frontend the order confirmation emails are send in the backend language instead of the frontend language.

How can this be solved??
I have latest VM 2.0.18a and latest Joomla installed
Thank you

kratzi

jjk

There will be a solution for this problem in VirtueMart 2.1
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

frogybella

Hi

I noticed that too...

We would like our site to be multilingual. Is there a way to make the user choose its language while registering? Then this language would be used for order and notification mails...

There are user language fields in the user Joomla database but it's encoded in the param fields. Would it be possible to use it?

Thanks in advance,
Best,

Fred

Frogybella

My website : www.fdbi.com

jjk

@frogybella
The order emails are being sent in the language the customer is using in the frontend. So you just have to publish the Joomla language switcher module in the frontend, from which the customer can select his prefered language. There is only a problem when you email order status changes to the customer. At present you still have to switch the Joomla backend to the customer's language for this. Otherwise VM will email status notifications (i.e. 'Product shipped') always in your default backend language.

frogybella

Hi,

Thanks for helping but you can't play this in real world when you have automatic email sent from the backend to people from different countries...

I think that user languauge has to be stored on some place accessible to VM script.

Regards,
Frogybella

My website : www.fdbi.com

K&K media production

This is solved and fixed for the next version.

lindapowers

good to know.

Please fix the order status emails also for the vendors, is incredibly annoying for shop owners to recieve an email for every order status update.

Regards

jjk

Quote from: lindapowers on April 14, 2013, 07:50:31 AM
...is incredibly annoying for shop owners to recieve an email for every order status update.
;D, shoppers may think that, too. At least I find it annoying when I receive 3 or 4 status change emails after I bought something. The only one I'm occationally interested in is when the status change is 'shipped'.
Yesterday I bought something online from a shop, where the status change emails are not sent to the customer, but instead are attached to the order only. Along with the order confirmation email, the shop sent a note saying something like "Thank you for your order at 'OurShop'. Once your item is shipped, you will receive an e-mail with tracking information. You can view your order and its current status at any time by logging into our shop with your order number and order password." ...That's what I personally think is good practice.  ;)

lindapowers

Completely agree:

Virtuemart 2 is excesive in the emails that are being send, we have completely disabled the "notify customer".

If they want to check the status of an order they can go to "my account", I think VM2 should use that instead of the annoying "order shipped"... it could say something like... "you can view your order status in your account blabla" on the first and unique order email.

Due to this system we have made all orders appear as confirmed (except failed payments of course)

In our case we use a reward point system that sends an email too an invoice system which sends the invoice.... so 5 or 6 emails for one order no thanks but the email that makes me wanna jump from my balcony is the "order shipped" for the vendor, lol I know is shipped i just marked it in the backend I dont need 200 emails each order thanks ::)