CONFIRMED: Registre during check out not working with Joomla SEF activated

Started by Thomas Kampp, February 07, 2013, 16:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Kampp

It began with the site not allowing the user to be able to create an account during check out process. Even though the settings were correct in Virtuemart and Joomla.
See this thread: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112382.msg378056#msg378056

I then did A LOT of testing and found that it works as soon as SEF URL's are turned OFF in the Joomla configuration. This solved the problem! Turning SEF back ON will result in it not working again. I have tested this thoroughly and can reproduce the error simply by activating SEF!
In both cases the destination for the button is "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editaddresscart&addrtype=BT", and you get there with SEF OFF, but as soon as SEF is ON you end up at the Joomla registration form instead of the Virtuemart form with address fields and such.

Joomla 2.5.8
Virtuemart 2.0.14
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk

Stonedfury

Joomla 2.5.9 Virtuemart 2.0.18a php 5.3 MySQL

I have been getting calls from customers who have an item in their cart and go to add/edit billing, which of course has at the bottom "Register and Checkout" "Check out as Guest" "Cancel" When the user puts in their information and clicks any of the first 2 buttons it refreshes the page with some bogus error(sometimes).

What I noticed was the user is now logged in. Hmm Click "Cancel" now and it returns you to the cart with your address there and logged in. Why did it not return to the cart when the first 2 were selected. I disable the SEF (which sucks to do) and it seems to refresh properly. The template people are not too friendly in helping fix a VM feature. So here I am.

Any ideas? I can't run the site without SEF as google has the pages all indexed as SEF, DOH. Cant have buyers if they can't, easily, move forward without having to "figure" it out.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

jenkinhill

Thomas can you try with 2.0.18a. I have not been able repeat what you are seeing with J2.5.9 and VM2.0.18a with SEF on and off

Maybe test on a subdomain or localhost.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Stonedfury

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 09, 2013, 23:59:43 PM
Thomas can you try with 2.0.18a. I have not been able repeat what you are seeing with J2.5.9 and VM2.0.18a with SEF on and off

Maybe test on a subdomain or localhost.
I have it tested with a replica of my site on a local host xammp and i get the same problem. I have replaced all vm files with ones from the 2.0.18a complete file. you can view the site if you want to see it yourself. www.pollenranch.com put an item in the cart, check out. click add billing and put in formation, then save. I have checked on the template and basic joomla template. I did the same with joomla too - I put all the files in from a fresh folder, ran db update tools in vm etc., just lossing $$ every day. I either give up search=$$ or give up $$ either way its bad.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Stonedfury

I have to disabled Joomla SEF and the site works. However now there other other issues such as images not being loaded from root but instead some how /store/virtuemart/images/stories/ Fixed the image issue via template but without joomla sef there are just more and more problems being found. Wish VM peeps cared about getting the store working to check. Pathetic I have to pay for a basic function that should work.

rossm

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with J 2.5.9/ VM 2.0.18a

Anyone figure this out yet?

Stonedfury

Quote from: rossm on February 17, 2013, 04:51:13 AM
Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with J 2.5.9/ VM 2.0.18a

Anyone figure this out yet?

I had to disable the MVC overrides and take the template file into the virtuemart folder as an overwrite. Once I did that it seems to work just fine. Virtuemart, from what I discovering, does not follow the joomla or MVC structure correctly and will cause issues sometimes. If you try this make sure to have a backup.