Auto assign shopper groups at registration or checkout for different Tax applied

Started by lindapowers, February 03, 2013, 11:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Using VM 2.018a and Joomla 2.58

We have to make a difference in orders for individuals where they get TAX applied and orders for companies in the EU.

Individuals get 21% Tax applied and companies 0% Tax.

I guess I can use shopper groups for that.

But how I make this process automatic for a company that should get 0% tax applied?

Can I make shopper groups selectable in register or checkout so that they get a different Tax applied depending in the shopper group? Something like choosing company or individual and that this makes 2 different taxes applied depending on their selection?

I have read many posts of people speaking about these but for what I read they (as admins) manually change the shopper group, can this be automatic or choosen by the user?

Thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lindapowers

Thanks Jenkinhill, that seems a great solution cause it will even check the EU VAT ID for the company.

Regards

lostmail

...and what about shoppers that are not in EU ?

They don`t have to pay 19% Tax....(Germany => Switzerland, USA....whatever)...they pay the tax when importing a delivered product in teir own land with own Tax rates...

As i see it is not possible that VM can automativ detect from the User`s  County if Tax should be calculated or not.

Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

lindapowers

I think is possible if you use the eu vat id plugin by the virtuemart team that jenkinhill mentioned.

Is what we are using.

We also use one page checkout and geolocator by Stan from rupostel and works really well, plenty of options for taxes there also but can't really test as we sell to countries where tax is always applied except when they use the eu vat id and for Andorra and Switzerland where tax is automatically removed if the bill to info comes from those countries.

Regards

lostmail

Quote from: lindapowers on May 02, 2013, 18:40:58 PM
.... except when they use the eu vat id and for Andorra and Switzerland where tax is automatically removed if the bill to info comes from those countries.

Regards

Is that the add. plugin or how did you manage that ?

lindapowers

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vm-orders/eu-vat-checker-detail

Tbh I though it was VM core doing that but I just noticed that is done by the eu vat checker plugin and the geolocator.

Regards

lostmail

..at last i don`t need the EU-VAT ID Checker....that can be handled manually....more interesting is the auto assign Customer-Country to VAT....much confusion because of a realy standard feature in other shop systems....

In germany we get expensive dissuasions for showing wrong prices to customers...if a competitor does not like me he will send me an expensive served notice....that`s germany....

lostmail

At last I don`t need any additional pugin if the Shop-System would work correct.....

I configured out:
Product => Standard Rules
Rules => 19% only for country german and customer group "anonymous" and "default"

Anonymous customer => incl. Tax
German logged in customer => incl. Tax
Outside German Customer => no Tax

The only problem is, that i have to use prices without tax in backend using the Standard Rules...
When i assign the 19% rule to the product - the tax is always added in frontend - for every customer group.....why that ???

lindapowers

Go to you shopper groups and select a specific configuration for them with the price options.

lostmail

The configuration is working this way - but the admin in backend has only prices without tax....that`s the problem because admin should set price incl. tax in products....with autom. calculation for basic price....

:-[

Only Frontend is working correct with this configuration....backend complete without tax calculation (because of using the standard rule option).

BUG BUG BUG