News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom Options, VAT and a lot of confusion!

Started by snewpers, January 31, 2013, 16:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snewpers

:o

I've searched and read a boatload of info the last 3 hours but I only ended up on unsolved threads...

I'm using J2.5.6 + VM2.0.18a and after finally getting the trackback pricing to work (we won't delve into that as all topic I have read about it came to the same odd conclusion). I want to add a few options to my products. Some are free and some will cost a few euro's.

Problem is, that when I have a custom option that costs +5 euro, it will show the dropdown on the frontend with [OPTION1 - +5.0]. But when I add it it adds the 5 euro + taxes.  Ok, no problem there as taxes should be paid but if I calc the extra costs without taxes (21% of 5.0 = 4.13) it will show the price WITHOUT the taxes and thus fooling the customers into thinking the upgrade is cheaper than it is in reality.

I sell custom MX jerseys and all shirts have a base price with some options like short sleeves etc. I want to offer prices like 49.95 (incl tax) and an option of 5 euro should result in 54.95 and not some odd number.

So please, can someone tell me what code I should edit to display the price including VAT in the dropdown option menu so I can enter the price without VAT in the backend and solve it like that.

Either way, it should be clear that whatever customers select it's including VAT, specified on the invoice.

Thanks, I'm gonna rest my eyes for a moment now... VM is a struggle.

:)

snewpers

Fixed.

Line 967 of admin/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php