News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

cart not updating

Started by wtkagb, January 30, 2013, 23:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtkagb

cart will not update unless you refresh the page or move to another page.

How do i get it to update as soon as an item is added?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wtkagb

using 2.0.18a on Joomla! 2.5.8

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wtkagb

its only hosted locally until it is all set up

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

wtkagb

It says it cannot read 'settings' in line 66 of \components\com_virtuemart\assets\js

65 var txt = form.find(".pname").val()+' '+vmCartText;
66 $.facebox.settings.closeImage = closeImage;

Unfortunately this is an area that I am not very familial with

jenkinhill

There is a Javascript conflict with your template. You are loading the VirtueMart jQuery OK but then you have this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Joomla15/templates/sportissimo/js/jquery.js"></script>         
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Joomla15/templates/sportissimo/js/superfish.js"></script>       

That is another jQuery library and also for superfish there have been a couple of reports of this confflicting with VM.

Suggest you try the removing the jQuery load from your template and see if that works.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

wtkagb

many thanks for the info, but unfortunately I do not understand this as I do not have much experience of JS, where/how do i remove  jQuery load from template

jenkinhill

Locate the code loading the script and remove it or comment it out. In simple templates the code will be in the template's index.php  - or ask the template supplier.

Instead of editing you could possibly use jQuery Easy to control script loading.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK