News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

category alignment css? and .vm-pagination issue

Started by ICWater, January 28, 2013, 20:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICWater

i'm using vm 2.0.18a my site is http://globalenginesales.com/component/virtuemart/engines i have a couple issues 1. the product listing, i'd like the image to be centered over the text not floated to the left, been searching for a couple days and haven't found a working solution. also when i set "Default Number of Products per Row" 3 it shows as it is now 2 accross and one below, i'd like 3 across. so i set it for 2 just so it's even then it displays one above the other. i'm just trying to figure out what css is controlling this. i've hit the chrome developer tools and whatnot i see "browseProductImage" but i cant find that in the css. uhg. any help would be appreciated. 

other issue is in the navigation there's no spaces in the "StartPrev123NextEnd" looks like crap, tried several solutions listed in other threads but no love :/

ICWater

i mean these things should be controlled by css, no?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ICWater

awesome that did it for the pagenataion issue :) any chance you could point me to a fix for my category problem?  ;D

ICWater

do i have two different navigation systems inhabiting the same space there? seems kinda wacky and cluttered.

ICWater

could someone just tell me if that alignment is controlled by css or php and where?

ICWater

wait so are all my issues gantry related or just that one?

jenkinhill

For centering the image on the category layout page you need to use a template override for joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php - the normal layout is to use a left and right div, but you just need one div with appropriate css changes.  Here I am assuming that the RT template does not already have overrides for VM layout. If so they will be in /templates/rt_dominion/html/com_virtuemart/category/

There are always problems with Joomla templates that provide more bells & whistles than you will ever need as they usually load a lot of different js and css files. In the case here, the VM css file is one of the first to load so VM styles could be superceded by later added style definitions.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ICWater

does moving the default.phph to that directory automatically create an override?

ICWater

also what line in the default.php controls alignment? i'm a php noob :p

ICWater

i'm working under the assumption i need to change this
<div class="category floatleft<?php echo $category_cellwidth $show_vertical_separator ?>">

but i dont know what to change it to?  :-[

ICWater

well snap that looks much better  :D guess sometimes ya just gotta dive in and start changing stuff  :P

jenkinhill

That's the best way to learn. And I seem to remember a bit further down you change <div class="width70 floatright"> to <div>
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

ICWater

ok, now the featured products on the front page. are those controlled by the same default.php in the category folder? seems to be styled totally different. sorry cant link it as i have it unpublished till the store is live and functioning.