News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Issues with Recent Products

Started by tikhonov, January 25, 2013, 22:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tikhonov

Hi there and please correct me if you don't verify the following problems:

1) I have enabled "Show recent" in "VirtueMart Home Page Settings", "Templates" BE and entered 4 in "Rows for recent". However, the maximum number of recent of products is always 3 (in 1 line). After many other tries, I am not sure if  the number of recently viewed products can change through BE.

2) There is a minor problem with the title of recently viewed products in components\com_virtuemart\views\virtuemart\tmpl\default_products.php. Specifically the problem is in $productTitle = JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_'.$type.'_PRODUCT') when $type = 'recent', then we have COM_VIRTUEMART_recent_PRODUCT, that is not included in the en-GB.mod_virtuemart_product.ini file.

The 2nd issue can be easily corrected, but I am not sure how can I fix the 1st one.

Thanks,
Nikos

Joomla! 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

K&K media production

Hi,

1) The number of rows is the number of lines for recent products. The setting for the number of products per row is more on the top of home page settings.

2) I don't have this problem.

Regards,
Maik

etna

Well I have the same problem with "tikhonov"
I declare "Default number of products in a row" as 5
and in VM front page I get 5 Featured products, 5 Top ten products but always no more than 3 Recent products!!!
Strange.

VM 2.0.14
Joomla 2.5.8

tikhonov

Hi!

I studied the problem once again with a fresh installation (Joomla 2.5.9 and VM 2.0.18a) without any 3rd party extension. The result was the same: No more than 3 recently viewed products were displayed, independently of my settings.

It sounds like a bug of VM2.

Regards

jansolo76

Hi There,
is this Issue fixed with the 2.0.22a release?
I'm still using 2.0.18a because i made some changes in the cart.php in the controller folder.
Since this is my only Issue I'd like to know if changing the running system is useful?

Best Regards
Jan

K&K media production

This was a small bug and is now fixed for the next version.