"Please accept the terms of service to confirm" BUG after upgrade to 2.0.20a

Started by jcmanc, March 17, 2013, 09:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpsosiego

Now in Virtuemart are two options to configure TOS agree, I was having same problem with message "Please accept terms of service to confirm", and in checkout process don't display check box to accept TOS, I changed in CONFIGURATION/SHOPPER FIELDS/AGREED to "not required" and could continue to the next step of checkout process, this configuration is overwriting the configuration on CONFIGURATION/CHECKOUT.

corydavidwilliam

I am running 2.0.20a and am experiencing the same issue when trying to proceed to check out.

I do not see a checkbox for the ToS.  Another thread said to move some code from helpers/cart.php, but my code already appears to be updated.  So why do I still not see a place to accept the ToS?!

Please help

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

corydavidwilliam

Hey Jenkin,

Yea, I am using the commercial template that VirtueMart shows as their demo. 

So do I need to move the TOS code back somewhere then?  Is VirtueMart looking for the ToS in the beginning, but the template isn't serving it up until the billing/shipping page?

jenkinhill

Try changing Joomla template to Beez and then you should see the normal checkout with TOS function. When you see how it "normally" works then you will know what changes you need to make to your cart template overrides.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jpsosiego

Corydavidwilliam,

I ask to support of the demo.virtuemart template and they sent an update that solves this issue. Take care about configuration of TOS agree in CONFIGURATION/SHOPPER FIELDS and in CONFIGURATION/CHECKOUT.

spacecadet

I'm having exactly the same problem, and using exactly the same commercial template for VM.

At this stage, though, developer not responding to my email.

I really need that update...

Is it perhaps posted somewhere?

update: he responded with the update and it fixed my problem

sysfix

Quote from: spacecadet on May 30, 2013, 10:45:26 AM

update: he responded with the update and it fixed my problem
Can you share the bug fix with the rest of us. Thanks

Milbo

Just download the update from Mowebso'S page, or if you bought it from extensions.virtuemart.net, then from there.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

spennyforhire

Hi I was troubleshooting this problem and decided to try to download from the 2.0.20a main site. Previously I had downloaded it from somewheres else. The bug seems to be fixed in the version I download from the main site. Here is the link to where I downloaded the new version that worked using the Download Now 2.0.22a:
<a href="http://virtuemart.net/downloads">http://virtuemart.net/downloads</a>
Spence