News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Misunderstood Custom Fields

Started by toad78, March 02, 2013, 02:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toad78

I thought the idea of Custom Fields was to give users the option to select alternate items (among other things).

My situation is this, there is a product that is 1lb. for $9.00. Let's say someone wants to choose the 5lb. or the 25lb. item. So in the custom fields I created an Add to Cart Variant with the following settings:

Products>Custom Fields
Title: SIZE
Custom Field Type: Cart Variant

Therefore, when I go to the Products Custom Fields tab, it looks like the attachment.

Unfortunately,  on the front end, when a user selects, let's say the 5lb. and goes to 'Add to Cart', the price description says 5lb., but the price is still the 1lb. price, which does not make sense.

On top of that, on the Product Details page, the product is set  up to have a Base Price and an Override price. The Base Price is used for the 'Retail' price while the Override price is used as a 'Sale' price. When the user selects the 5lb. item, the Sale price does not change. Only the Retail price on the Product Details page, which isn't right. What I want is to have the correct Retail price to display and the correct Sale price to display if/when the user chooses an alternative product from the SIZE Custom Field. You can see what doesn't look right in the other screenshots provided.

Can this be done with the use of Custom Fields? If so, how? I do not see any specific instructions available.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

what price is shown when they add the item to the cart?

you can try my plugin to see if its easier
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-2-0-custom-field-dropbox-plugin

BUT! if the price is correct when they get to the cart, then it could be just a "price configuration" issue