News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't install

Started by Cassandra Simons, January 24, 2013, 08:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noussibeau

incroyable d'être obligé de perdre plusieurs heures pour simplement installer virtuemart sous joomla 2.5 .. à vous dégoutter des deux et des forum ou on traîne la savate sans progresser (pas la faute à ceux qui essaient d'aider que je remercie) ..
Mais ras le bol!!
J'ai essayé tout de ce que j'ai trouvé mais .. rien toujours le même problème. Peut être une connerie de ma part mais laquelle ..?!!
Le tout en loal donc pas de pb lié à un fournisseur d'espace.
Par ailleurs j'ai wamp server 2.2,php 5.4.3, apache 2.2.22, mysql 5.4.24 ..
Joomla 2.5 dernière version (prise ,ce jour, sur le serveur joomla), j'ai essayé trois différents virtuemart (com_virtuemart.2.0.18_extract_first.zip, et com_virtuemart.2.0.18a_extract_first.zip et un tar dont j'ai oublié le nom) en installation normale ou à partir de tmp ...
rien en marche .. re ras le bol ..
Merci de toute aide ...

noussibeau

Translatation (approximative) of the previous message ...
"it's incredible to be obliged to loose plenty of time to simply install VirtueMart (last version) under Joomla 2.5 (last version) under WAMP 2.2 with php 5.4.3, apache 2.2.22, mysql 5.4.24 .. I tried at last three different virtuemart (com_virtuemart.2.0.18_extract_first.zip, et com_virtuemart.2.0.18a_extract_first.zip and one tar (I forget the exact name) either with a normal installation or from tmp ...
Nothing works .. either white page or plenty of anuseful messages ...
I used plenty of other things with Joomla without problems .. why is VM so difficult to install .. I wonder what's it when using it! If I did not heard it was great .. I'd stop trying to install it.
Perhaps,it's my fault , perhaps I've somthing wrong.. but where to look ? and, so far I can understand I'm not alone with that kind of problems ...
Please help ... with a true solution ...

jjk

Difficult to say from your description what might be wrong. Did you follow these steps?
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Installation_of_VirtueMart_2_with_provided_packages

When VirtueMart doesn't install, often the 'max_execution_time' and/or 'upload_max_filesize' set in the server configuration file 'php.ini' is too low.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

illing

Yes I did, many times.  I also increased all the parameters in php.ini as I said before.
The method of installing "easy install" by "browse and install" button failed on me multiple times.

However the method of unpacking the files (either .zip or .tar.gz) into the /tmp and then installing from the /tmp  worked.

This is why I suggested you flag this topic as PARTIALLY SOLVED.   Perhaps it would be a good idea to edit this long conversation and creating a permanent installation help topic for the benefit of all the readers that viewed this conversation, including our french speaking frustrated user.

noussibeau

Thanks, it seems to work much better after changing these parameters ..

Two messages saying installation is completed and correct ... except some red windows saying that some strict standards are not respected difficult to understand.
Thanks, I hope it'll work like that.

Perhaps suggest to Virtuemart people (thanks to them ..) to say that somewhere in their explanation how to install virtuemart ???

jjk

Quote from: noussibeau on February 13, 2013, 20:24:24 PM
... except some red windows saying that some strict standards are not respected difficult to understand.

That's probably your setting of 'Error reporting', also in the php.ini file.
On my local xampp installation I've set that to error_reporting = E_ALL
You probably have error_reporting = E_ALL | E_STRICT
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations