News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Add Product with jpg image file

Started by alepoudaki, January 21, 2013, 11:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alepoudaki

I have the latest version of Virtuemart 2.0.18.
My problem is that when I create a new product and add to this a .jpg image, the product is created but ...when I try to edit it, the page is empty.
Also, in Front Page when I go to the Category View for the product's category the page is empty too.
Is there a problem with jpg images? I dont have this problem when adding products with .png images!

Please help me ASAP...

bvneck

I have a similar problems. I want to create all product images and thumbnails with photoshop and upload them with ftp into subfolders of images/stories/virtuemart/product/ - then create products and apply images to them. After upload I used the synchronise media tool, too.

Now here are my questions/problems:
Am I right NOT to use the "browse"-Button and upload option at the bottom of the page? Because the images are already uploaded?

When I fill in all the URL-fields, it works fine for ONE product with ONE image. But how to add a second image?? And: why is there not a "browse" function that lets me select the image in a more comfortable way?

When I copy the product and change the image-URL, it is changed for the original product, too. I have 2 products with similar image now. Not good.

To put it short: I don't understand how the "product image" tab works at all.... Where can I find a good instruction for this feature?

Apart from this: Great Work, Virtuemart 2.0 Team!!! I like it!!