News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

limit to add custom fields

Started by Grisu74, January 23, 2013, 15:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

pcbob

Pro that works perfect thanks. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else but, when I add it to a product I see a white textarea but not text, the text I had created is underneath the box, To solve this just click save and it will magically appear in the textarea box. It impressed a client LOL

driver.by

Quote from: Grisu74 on January 23, 2013, 15:26:42 PM
Hello, but there is a limit to add custom fields to a product? you can increase it?

I've solved the problem with customfields limitation. Basically there is limit of 131 customfields, then "Invalid Token save" error is occured.
The reason is maximum variables limitation of a POST request. You can change the php.ini variable "max_input_vars" (it may not be there, just add it). Set it to 2000 (1000 is default) and you could add more.

AntiCZ

I also had to make more php.ini changes:

php_admin_value max_input_vars 2000
php_value suhosin.request.max_array_index_length 128
php_value suhosin.post.max_array_index_length 128
php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2000
php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2000

EvgenVirtuemart

I have the same problem with a limit. Could you explain more what file to change the settings? where is it located? Thank you
Quote from: AntiCZ on June 06, 2013, 16:28:58 PM
I also had to make more php.ini changes:

AntiCZ

You can set it in php.ini on the server or in .htaccess or via php funtion ini_set();

kemkoy

Hi Guys

Please which of the php script parameters do i need to append to get this to work.

I am having the same issues.

Please help me, I am stuck

Thanks

kona333

Was there any fix to this?

I tried the php.ini additions, didn't work. I tried changing the _virtuemart_product_customfields - customfield_value    varchar(2500)  to varchar(4000)
That did nothing. Not sure if I did that correct.

So any other solution for having more custom fields data? It probably is stopping saving at about 2500 characters. VirtueMart 3.0.18

Thanks

Milbo

Just update, the new vm3.2 has "text" instead of varchar, so "unlimited" space :-)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kona333

Unfortunately the problem still persists in v3.2.2. Saving custom fields just takes me back to dashboard, assuming at about the 2500 character mark.

Anything else I can try, maybe directly on the database to change it? I've tried to pay a few coders but they just wasted my time.

jenkinhill

I have just installed VM3.2.3Rev9574  (from SVN) and varchar(4095) is used for custom_value

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kona333

Yep mines the same as below, this under virtuemart_customs

But just won't save. I tried 6095 as well, made no different so maybe this issue isn't the varchar limit?

iskye81

I'm also up against this as well. I have a custom field with a large number of values and once I add over a certain amount of values (80+) the product simply refuses to save. I've tried all the php.ini / .htaccess suggestions from here and elsewhere. None of them make a difference. I'm working on a full upgrade of a website, but this bug has now completely stalled my progress as I can't make any modifications to the products affected as they simply won't save. This was never an issue in VM1. Can't say I'm a fan of the whole custom fields approach at all. Any help on offer would be appreciated.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kona333

Adding this to php.ini didn't fix ot for me

Adding these to htaccess doesn't work, results in 500 server error.

php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
php_value post_max_size 96
php_value max_execution_time 180
php_value max_input_time 600
php_value max_input_vars 2000
php_value request.max_array_index_length 128
php_value post.max_array_index_length 128
php_value request.max_vars 2000
php_value post.max_vars 2000