szbstvn

Hi

Where can i change:

VM - Shipment, By Weight, ZIP and countries

shipment method name?

I would like change to hungarian but didnt find. :-(

Thanks

jjk

If you have a single language (hungarian) configuration, just type the hungarian name into the 'Shipment method name' field. If Hungarian is your secondary language, select the language from your language dropdown in the shipment information tab first and then type the name into that field and click on 'Save'.
If you need more than one shipping method, just click 'Shop - Shipment Methods - New' in the VM2 administration menu and add new ones with any name you wish.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

szbstvn

Thanks but I would like VM - Shipment ...

Can You see on the picture!

Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk HD használatával

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

That's the name of the Joomla plugin. You can see that if you go to 'Extensions - Plugin Manager' in Joomla. You could change it's name in the Joomla extensions database table, but I'm not shure if that is a good idea. You might run into problems when you do the next VirtueMart update.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

reinhold

That's a bug in VirtueMart: As already noted, that's the name of the Joomla plugin that handled the shipment type. However, joomla is perfectly capable of translating plugin names (it actually displays translated plugin names in its own lists). Only VirtueMart does NOT try to translate the plugin name: The renderInstalledShipmentPlugins function in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/shipmentmethod/view.html.php simply displays the (English) plugin name from the .xml file, without ever trying to translate the plugin name to the backend language...

The fix is to add the following lines before the "return JHtml::..." line:
               foreach ($result as &$sh) {
                       $sh['name'] = JText::_($sh['name']);
               }

You can then translate the "By weight, ZIP and countries" string in your language files with:
BY WEIGHT, ZIP AND COUNTRIES="Overridden shipment name for weight, zip and countries..."

(The reason for this strange left side is that the installer installes the english name of the plugin in the database rather than the translatable string VMSHIPMENT_WEIGHT_COUNTRIES. I'll bug Milbo to fix this, too, so that the translation for future installations will automatically be used from the string VMSHIPMENT_WEIGHT_COUNTRIES)

I'll send the above patch also to Milbo, so it will hopefully be included in the next virtuemart release...
Of couse, the same problem also applies to payment plugins...

And the allinone installer (administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/script.vmallinone.php ) needs to be changed to install plugins with generic translatable names rather than hardcoded english names.

UPDATE: It seems that payment plugin names are correctly translated in the VM backend, but the plugins are still installed with their English names rather than with a generic translatable name.

szbstvn

Thank you very much!

Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk HD használatával