News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I cannot add new product?!

Started by klodovik, January 23, 2013, 15:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klodovik

Joomla 2.5.8 and VM is 2.0.18a

When i try to add new products in VM, fill all forms, and picture path (before that i put picture with FTP in same path) click to save and nothing happenned!

VM remember info of new products (info, details, etc), but picture not .... and when i saved this and put on site, blank page is showing. I try with example products on VM, all is ok...

Where i mistake?

1. Create category products
2. create manufacturer
3. i have error in VM with wrong path for my picture, but picture is there (i sent capture in attachments)

I watch some tutorials in YT its very simple, i do it step by step, and i mistake something...

Ty

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

Might be just the filename. According to the screenshot you already have fisher_fbn.jpg, which seems to work. If you just want to replace the already existing thumbnail, click 'replace thumbnail' when you want to upload a new image. If it doesn't work, just delete both thumbnails. They will be recreated if 'Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing?' is enabled in VM2 configuration. You should use filenames without space characters. Filennames should be unique and using fisher-fbn.jpg looks better in the image urls than fishher_fbn.jpg and also is better for the search engines.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

klodovik

Yes, just filename is be problem, everything is ok now. Listen yours advice JJK, and now i use .jpg files in yours way.