News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I need to make base price visible to all shoppers

Started by Wayne Farnworth, January 22, 2013, 19:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Farnworth

Hello all,

I have just completed a VM2.0.10 store (Joomla 1.5.9). During the build I kept the store as registered users only.

Now I have enabled the store to everyone and realised that the base price is not viewable to the anonymous shopper group.

The store is in catalogue only mode.

I really want to have the base price viewable in the front end to everyone.

I have amended it so that the base price is the price per sq yard and then there is a calculation rule that calculates the price per sq metre - this is the final price.

(See attachment)

Before anyone shouts at me, I have searched the forum and I have seen the replies that say the base price is only visible to admins in the front end by design. It is a way to see profit margin etc.

However, there has to be a way to hack the code to change this default behaviour and allow anonymous users to see it also.

So can someone point me to the place in the code to amend this please?

Many thanks

Wayne

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Wayne Farnworth

Bump
Anyone have any ideas for this please?
I have a finished shop/catalogue waiting to go live

Many thanks in advance

laurentkreps

Hello,

I'm a newbie so maybe I'm totally wrong;

Do you try, in the product edit page, to unselect the shopper group (where you do your price calculation) ?

If a remember correctly, in an earlier version of virtuemart, I had the same problem; I had to change direclty the database record (I had to write "Null") in the shopper_id field...

I'm not sure it's good, but you can try, in the #__virtuemart_product_price, for each "public" price (price for anonymous users) to replace the value of the virtuemart_shoppergroup_id field by "NULL"

Good luck

Wayne Farnworth

Laurent,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

I have already checked that as I read it in another post. Everything is already set to null.

I think also that that is a fix for a fault, I don't think my scenario is a fault as such. I think the way it is not showing is by design, but I want to override it.

I am hoping that someone can tell me how to amend the VM2 code to allow anonymous shoppers to see the base price

Thanks again Laurent.

jenkinhill

Can you not use "Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts" for that? This price is shown to all.

See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Wayne Farnworth

Hello Kelvyn, thanks for the reply.

The trouble is I have already created all the products using the base price for £ per sq yd and final price as £ per sq metre

I don't want to have to go back and amend them all and anyway it works exactly as I want it to apart from the visibility in the front end to everyone issue.

So I would prefer it if you can tell me how to make the base price visible to all in the front end please?

Many thanks in advance

Wayne

Wayne Farnworth

Hello again,

Is there anyone who can give me some assistance with this?

I really need to get this working ASAP

Many thanks in advance

Wayne

Wayne Farnworth

I have to say that the standard of support on here is very disappointing. I have a store waiting to go live. I really need to amend the code to make the base price visible.
Surely someone from the vm team could spare a few minutes to type a post and point me in the right direction to do this?

GJC Web Design

have you echoed out your price object to see what's available in your template - then work back from there?

print_r ($this->product->prices);

Array
(
    [costPrice] => 4.99000
    [basePrice] => 4.99
    [basePriceVariant] => 4.99
    [basePriceWithTax] => 0
    [discountedPriceWithoutTax] => 0
    [priceBeforeTax] => 4.99
    [salesPrice] => 4.99
    [taxAmount] => 0
    [salesPriceWithDiscount] => 0
    [salesPriceTemp] => 4.99
    [unitPrice] => 0
    [discountAmount] => 0
    [priceWithoutTax] => 4.99
    [variantModification] => 0
    [DBTax] => Array
        (
        )

[Tax] => Array
        (
        )

[VatTax] => Array
        (
        )

[DATax] => Array
        (
        )

)
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Wayne Farnworth

Hello and thanks for taking the time to post a suggestion. Maybe the VirtueMart dev's could try it.

I haven't tried that, but what I have tried is Magento. So far so good and far superior to VirtueMart and the developers actually try to help you when you ask a question.

Thanks again for posting.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation