News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cart doesn´t show prices per item

Started by cuie, January 22, 2013, 14:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: cuie on January 23, 2013, 17:48:20 PM
Quote from: cuie on January 23, 2013, 17:33:08 PM
Quote from: PRO on January 23, 2013, 17:29:12 PM
are the prices assigned to shopper groups?

do you have more than 1 price set?

I have 6 different shopper groups (according to discount percentage). The one that I`m using has all the prices defined as "Show". I have also tried to show all the prices in the configuration/pricing.

Actually some of the products show prices but most of them do not. Could there be some variable or product preference that affects this?

More information:

My user is in a shopper group called "-20%". It couldn´t see a prices of a product that was in shopper group called "default".
When I changed the products shopper group to match that "-20%", it now shows the prices.

So in the latest version of VM changed this behaviour somehow?

I used to have prices shown to ALL of the registered users in all of the shopper groups. Now prices are shown to one specific shopper group.

Any way to fix this?

vmart now has multiple prices PER product.

go into a product and make sure the price is not assigned to a shopper group

cuie

Quote from: PRO on January 23, 2013, 21:26:58 PM
Quote from: cuie on January 23, 2013, 17:48:20 PM
Quote from: cuie on January 23, 2013, 17:33:08 PM
Quote from: PRO on January 23, 2013, 17:29:12 PM
are the prices assigned to shopper groups?

do you have more than 1 price set?

I have 6 different shopper groups (according to discount percentage). The one that I`m using has all the prices defined as "Show". I have also tried to show all the prices in the configuration/pricing.

Actually some of the products show prices but most of them do not. Could there be some variable or product preference that affects this?

More information:

My user is in a shopper group called "-20%". It couldn´t see a prices of a product that was in shopper group called "default".
When I changed the products shopper group to match that "-20%", it now shows the prices.

So in the latest version of VM changed this behaviour somehow?

I used to have prices shown to ALL of the registered users in all of the shopper groups. Now prices are shown to one specific shopper group.

Any way to fix this?

vmart now has multiple prices PER product.

go into a product and make sure the price is not assigned to a shopper group

I have over 2000 products, so that is kind of laboursome. I have also installed a plugin to do mass shopper group updates, but with it I can only assign one specific shopper group to the products.

Is there any way to completely mass-remove shopper groups form products?

jenkinhill

You can do this directly in the db. eg to set all product prices to the anonymous group use this query:

UPDATE ###_virtuemart_product_prices
SET virtuemart_shoppergroup_id=1

(test on a backup   ;)  )
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cuie

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 24, 2013, 10:47:27 AM
You can do this directly in the db. eg to set all product prices to the anonymous group use this query:

Stupid question but: can I use that command directly or do I need to replace that ### with something?

cuie

Quote from: cuie on January 24, 2013, 14:39:57 PM

Stupid question but: can I use that command directly or do I need to replace that ### with something?

Ok, I managed to figure that one out myself :)

But shouldn´t I replace the id with NULL instead of 1? If I want to have it empty.

Also: in database I have a product with shopper_group_id=2 but the admin-GUI shopper group field is empty. How can this be? :o

cuie

Quote from: cuie on January 24, 2013, 15:28:47 PM
Quote from: cuie on January 24, 2013, 14:39:57 PM

But shouldn´t I replace the id with NULL instead of 1? If I want to have it empty.

Also: in database I have a product with shopper_group_id=2 but the admin-GUI shopper group field is empty. How can this be? :o

Ok, it appears that products shopper group has nothing to with the price display issue. I removed shopper group from a product and prices still didn´t show up.

I also tried different groups in the pricing section but none of the displayed prices either.

I´m running out of options here :(

The only way to get the price visible is this:

• change products shopper group to match users shopper group
  • change pricing group to match user shopper group

This of course isn´t viable option since I have many different shopper groups and ALL of them (if registered) need to see the prices.

cuie

Quote from: cuie on January 24, 2013, 15:44:38 PM

Ok, it appears that products shopper group has nothing to with the price display issue. I removed shopper group from a product and prices still didn´t show up.

I also tried different groups in the pricing section but none of the displayed prices either.

I´m running out of options here :(

The only way to get the price visible is this:

• change products shopper group to match users shopper group
  • change pricing group to match user shopper group

This of course isn´t viable option since I have many different shopper groups and ALL of them (if registered) need to see the prices.
[/quote]

One example: identical products as far as I can see but still another one shows prices for shopper group called -20% and another one doesn´t.

PRO

I had price display problem, and changed them all to NULL shoppergroup