after placing order (before payment) i want to receive an email!

Started by emel, January 20, 2013, 21:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emel

hi there

using vm2 2.0.18a. on the break of releasing the site. But currently i do NOT receive an email after an order is being placed (as admin, and as customer). Read on the dutch forum that VM2 simply doesn't do that, you need to check the back panel and manually update the product status (to send out mails)

fair enough, because now i can make 20 fake orders (without the final step: paying), and one will receive 20 order emails. Still the intended "abuse" doesn't compensate the trouble of daily checking of the backpanel to see if there were any orders.

in the end... i want to receive emails, both as admin and as customer, straight after the order button, even though i haven't paid yet.

hope this can be done......?

( i am using one page checkout from rupostel, the website can be seen here: www.wijnwarenhuis.be)

jenkinhill

In Configuration/Checkout set Default Order Status to send an invoice  to Pending.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

emel

thanx, i have changed this now (pending status), but still i don't receive any emails, nore as admin, nore as client/buyer... :(

i use the one page checkout plugin from RuposTel s.r.o. Team (Stan Scholtz)

going crazy