News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cant display products on Joomla page

Started by BrianPeck, January 20, 2013, 09:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianPeck

Please can someone let me know where I'm going wrong - My currents site is VM ver 1.19 and Joomla ver 1.5.26 (www.sandtoncellars.co.za). I am a new version using VM ver 2.0.18a and Joomla ver 2.5.8 (www.sandtoncellars.co.za/new). I have used exactly the same product catalog with the same product category folder structure as the old site - just changed the template to a Joomla ver 2 template (JSN-Teki). I cant get the the products to display in Joomla page - i.e it wont display the products that are in a leaf level category - if I tell it to display a higher level category structure, this displays, put not the actual products. I have checked that the import of the catalogue has worked and all the products are correctly imported and in their correct category structures ?

What am I doing wrong ?

jenkinhill

1. you are loading two copies of jQuery and two no-conflict js files. From VM and from your template, so turn off one of those to avoid potential issues, preferably the last ones to load, which are these, loaded by your template:

<script src="/new/templates/jsn_teki_free/js/jsn_noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

2. Turn off SEF. It is not possible to debug a site with SEF on.

3. You have no Joomla main menu link set to the VirtueMart Home Page.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

BrianPeck

Ok thanks for the prompt feedback - sorry i'm a bit of a newbie - re your feedback

1. I assume I correct the loading of 2 copies of jquery by going to vm config templates and un tick the selection box use google jquery library and leave the use virtuemart jquery ticked.

2. I have turned off SEF and enabled debug and don't see any errors on the joomla site when I try and select a vm product via the joomla menu

3. I have added a menu item to (see update on site) display the VM Home Page but all this does is display header items for featured, latest  and top ten products.

Are there changes I need to make somewhere in the template or modules manager to let it know which vm module to assign to the joomla menu item to display the products ?