News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

With Child Products :No Price is listed in Shopping Cart?

Started by jiapei100, January 17, 2013, 13:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

are you using multiple prices?

if NOT

when it says "no price set"

OPEN: the product & delete the "extra prices"

DaggaTora

No, I'm not using multiple prices. I entered in the child product, delete the price (it was empty actually) and still 0.00€ in the cart and in the cart module when change the page.
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

PRO

when you enable ALL prices, does it show?

DaggaTora

PRO

so this is with child products?

do you have a url to look at?

DaggaTora

Yes, only with childs.

I'll pm you credentials for the site.

Thank!

PRO

have you switched to standard joomla template to see what happens?

DaggaTora

PRO

someone responded with this when I asked them

"Instead of struggling with this problem for several days, I would just enter a price for the child products. If the child price is "0" it will display "Ask for price". If the child price is left blank (I think this is what he has), the "blank" isn't stored and it doesn't display the (parent) price in the cart."

DaggaTora

:o

but... I have several childs for each product, and the new collection will have more. Every change on price, discounts, etc... will have to be made one by one. I can't give an updated shop from 2.0.8e and tell the client that he has to work more!

I don't understand this: "If the child price is left blank (I think this is what he has), the "blank" isn't stored and it doesn't display the (parent) price in the cart."

wasn't the parent price to work as before?

Thanks.

PRO

Quote from: DaggaTora on February 11, 2013, 20:12:14 PM
:o

but... I have several childs for each product, and the new collection will have more. Every change on price, discounts, etc... will have to be made one by one. I can't give an updated shop from 2.0.8e and tell the client that he has to work more!

I don't understand this: "If the child price is left blank (I think this is what he has), the "blank" isn't stored and it doesn't display the (parent) price in the cart."

wasn't the parent price to work as before?

Thanks.

have you tried the "install or update tables"  ?

DaggaTora

You read my mind! I was exactly doing that again while recieved the forum notification and now I get this:

Error: Install alterTable Duplicate column name 'product_price_publish_up' SQL=ALTER TABLE `lef_virtuemart_product_prices` CHANGE COLUMN `product_price_vdate` `product_price_publish_up` DATETIME NULL DEFAULT NULL AFTER `product_currency`
Error: Install alterTable Duplicate column name 'product_price_publish_down' SQL=ALTER TABLE `lef_virtuemart_product_prices` CHANGE COLUMN `product_price_edate` `product_price_publish_down` DATETIME NULL DEFAULT NULL AFTER `product_price_publish_up`

but i can´t find that columns in any table of the db.

PRO

I have renamed this thread to something more specific, so others that use child products might respond.
I do not use child products, and cant really give the best advice on this

DaggaTora

Thank you very mucho for your time and efforts.

Hope someone find a solution!

DaggaTora

Updated to 2.0.18c and still the same. No one has this problem with child prices in cart?  :o