News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipping by Rules Plugin - Shipping costs calculated from general rules

Started by reinhold, January 17, 2013, 12:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinhold

Quote from: ricardo.nunes on September 20, 2013, 11:05:34 AM
I've already put the rules for TNT Express but they only appear when the cart is empty. I have rules limite by weight but I can see through debug messages that the weight it's inside the expected ranges and that the rules that I'm expected to pass are validated, but when I put one product these shipment options disappear.

Can you please try the latest version 3.3 of the plugin, which fixed a few issues.

Thanks,
Reinhold

greymoose

Hi there,

I've been testing the free Shipping by Rules Plugin on a development site for the last few weeks and it has been great. My customer has decided their freight rates and I needed to upgrade to the Advanced plugin. I thought I understood the syntax for a multi-part rule correctly but apparently not. I've tried the documentation link in the plugin but it's dead. I'd appreciate some pointers if possible.

My rule is:
Name= More than 3 items Rural Delivery; ZIP3 = 9 & Articles>3; ShippingWithTax = 14

So more than three items and the third digit of the zip is 9 to make it true.
I seem to have the syntax around concatenation wrong. I've tried +, ++, &, &&

Thanks in advance for your help.

Virtuemart 2.022b; Joomla 2.5.
Virtuemart  2.0.22b
Joomla 2.5.6
PHP 5.2.5

reinhold

Quote from: greymoose on October 08, 2013, 06:10:12 AM
My rule is:

Name= More than 3 items Rural Delivery; ZIP3 = 9 & Articles>3; ShippingWithTax = 14

So more than three items and the third digit of the zip is 9 to make it true.
I seem to have the syntax around concatenation wrong. I've tried +, ++, &, &&

Two things:
1) The comparison operator is "==" (i.e. two equal signs)
2) ZIP3 returns the first three digits of the postal code, not the third digit...

Best regards,
Reinhold

greymoose

Thanks Reinhold. That makes a lot more sense. Is there a way to pick out one number from a four digit zip? Can the plugin handle an expression to strip the zip to one digit within the rule?

NZ postcodes use the third digit to define rural, PO Box, urban destinations and so on.

Cheers.
Virtuemart  2.0.22b
Joomla 2.5.6
PHP 5.2.5

futurefool

Hi Reinhold.

First of all, great plugin! It has greatly simplified my postage rules. I have encountered just one problem. I am developing a site with product variants where the child products have quite different weights. As such my parent products aren't setup with any product dimensions or weights.
I am using the plugin to determine the correct postage based on the product weight.  It seems that the Shipping by Rules plugin is looking for the product parents' dimensions and weights and not the product variants' dimensions and weights. As such, the plugin is not correctly matching the shipping rules.

I guess my question is, does the Shipping by Rules plugin not currently support use with product variants or is it that I need to make changes to my product variants configuration?

P.S. Apologies for posting this query here. I have tried to register on the open-tools site but have been unsuccessful.

futurefool

Ok. I believe it's solved now.

Absolutely no problem with the Shipping by Rules plugin. The issue was with the stockable variants plugin not using the child products dimensions and weight to override that of the parents in the cart. Using the stockable.php file and the vmprices.js files from the quotes below seems to have resolved the issue.

Quote from: drukman2000 on November 05, 2013, 12:02:54 PM
All,

Attached is the amended stockable.php.
It solve the weight & many other dimensions issues.
Now ALL Stockable Variants are passed into the cart correctly.
As a result now for example you may charge shipment according to weight.

All the best - Drukman.

Quote from: OpenGlobal on July 22, 2013, 22:18:05 PM
I have attached a zip file containing the latest fixes to the stockable.php and vmprices.js. Extract the zip file and move stockable.php to plugins/vmcustom/stockable and move vmprices to components/com_virtuemart/assets/js and overwrite the files which are already there. These files are based on the 2.0.22a versions of those files.

This contains the fix for being able to add more products than are in stock by repeatedly clicking the Add to Cart button and (hopefully) the fix for the price display problems.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this before it goes into the next release.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

reinhold

Quote from: greymoose on October 08, 2013, 21:34:42 PM
Is there a way to pick out one number from a four digit zip? Can the plugin handle an expression to strip the zip to one digit within the rule?

NZ postcodes use the third digit to define rural, PO Box, urban destinations and so on.

In the next version (Upcoming 4.0), I'll add a "digit" function in the advanced plugin that can extract the n-th digit of a number. It might take a few days before I can release it, though, because that version will add many new features that need quite some testing.

Reinhold

brendan

I'm using this extension and it works well. I'm using it to ship by weight and postcode. But it is restricting me to using only up to 4 "rules for country zone". I have about 65 lines each country zone. Am I going over a limit? Is there a way to extend that?

reinhold

Quote from: brendan on December 02, 2013, 12:26:06 PM
But it is restricting me to using only up to 4 "rules for country zone". I have about 65 lines each country zone. Am I going over a limit?

There is no limit about how many rules you can have per country zone. You can have arbitrarily many.

The only current limitation is that VirtueMart is only able to handle plugin configurations of up to ~19000 characters. So if all your rules together are longer than ~19000 characters, VM will (silently!) refuse to save the configuration. See http://open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-plugin/3160-solved-my-rules-are-not-saving.html

Unfortunately, there is nothing that my plugin can do to avoid this. However, in VM 2.1 it is planned to change the database field from a fixed, hardcoded length of ~19000 chars to a database field of variable length...

Best regards,
Reinhold