Started by BigAlStorm, January 16, 2013, 23:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukelee

Quote from: PRO on March 10, 2013, 23:53:27 PM
have you tried "default order status to send invoice"

setting it to "pending"  ONLY?
Yes, I just tried. nothing has changed.

PRO

I dont know of a way to do this without changing the default status for paypal.

mine works the same.

When I get an email from paypal. I login, and change to confirmed.

In old vmart it sent the email first, BUT then I had to wait on paypal email just to make sure it was real order

lukelee

Quote from: PRO on March 11, 2013, 01:33:35 AM
I dont know of a way to do this without changing the default status for paypal.

mine works the same.

When I get an email from paypal. I login, and change to confirmed.

In old vmart it sent the email first, BUT then I had to wait on paypal email just to make sure it was real order
Yes, Understand. But the buyer needs an email notification. because if they decide to pay later, they need to find the invoice detail.

Flasher

Im having the same issue. Not getting the email but when i change the status of the order it will send the email to the admin and vendor.

Any news about a fix for this issue?  :(

SwordFish

Hi all,
Here is a good solution for this issue. Check the following post:

No order confirmation email sent after checkout via PayPal

http://forum.interamind.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1302

Hope it can help.

Thanks,
J

Thomas Kampp

Quote from: SwordFish on June 22, 2013, 16:15:17 PM
Hi all,
Here is a good solution for this issue. Check the following post:

No order confirmation email sent after checkout via PayPal

http://forum.interamind.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1302

Hope it can help.

Thanks,
J

Since the problem is not only related to the payment method this solution only works for a few selected users! We need Virtuemart to fix this important issue for good!
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk

Bruno Marie

Hi,
I'm having the same issues, using oomla 2.5.11 and VM 2.0.20b.
Did anybody find a solution?
Was there a fix made by Virtuemart?

jenkinhill

Quote from: Bruno Marie on August 12, 2013, 18:56:23 PM
Was there a fix made by Virtuemart?

VirtueMart is a community project and as all members/users can contribute to the code base, add features etc. There is no "Virtuemart" that fixes things, especially when it is not broken.

Failure to receive order confirmation emails, assuming that Joomla's mailer id correctly configured and the correct (for your server)  Emails Settings in VM Configuration/Shop are most often due to server issues, especially on low end shared hosts, as several have reported that a change of server fixed the issue.  The other possible cause is failure to trigger the order email by the payment plugin used.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Thomas Kampp

It is not a server issue! All mails are being sent from the Joomla system and other extensions, including other VM mails. All mails except this one VM mail.

sdl

Joomla 2.5.14
VM version : 2.0.22
SIPS ATOS plugin : 1.7

Having the same issue with the SIPS ATOS payment extension bought on virtuemart extension catalog ...

Standard VM payment send notification mails to both shopper and vendor.
SIPS ATOS plugin doesnt

If i change manually the order status, both notification mails are sent...

Any ideas please ?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sdl

Thomas Kampp

I have solved it!  ;D

Regarding the setting in VM configuration about "Default Order Status to send an invoice" is that it is NOT working. It could be because the feature uses a function in the chosen payment plugin. This would explain why it is only working for some people and not others. So I stopped look at things in relation to this.

As this setting did not work for me, I had to look at the payment plugin is self (in this case ePay). The goal was to make it send the invoice when users completed the purchase. Looking at this useful guide (linked to by SwordFish) I was able to get it to send an invoice upon purchase: http://forum.interamind.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1302

But there was a problem - it would send the email BEFORE the user used there credit card. But it got me thinking and I realised that the ePay plugin was trying to send the email, but things went wrong due to bad coding. So I fixed this simply by changing the criteria in the code for when the email was being send. It worked! So the solution ended up simply moving some code around in the payment plugin.

Perhaps your payment plugin has used the same "template" as ePay (no need to reinvent the wheel)?

The function in the payment plugin that needs changing is called "plgVmOnPaymentResponseReceived". Here I moved the following code to the bottom of the same function just before the "return true;":

$new_status = $method->status_success;

if($virtuemart_order_id)
{
// send the email only if payment has been accepted
if(!class_exists('VirtueMartModelOrders'))
require (JPATH_VM_ADMINISTRATOR . DS . 'models' . DS . 'orders.php');
$modelOrder = new VirtueMartModelOrders();
$order["order_status"] = $new_status;
$order["virtuemart_order_id"] = $virtuemart_order_id;
$order["customer_notified"] = 1;
    $order['comments'] = JText::sprintf('VMPAYMENT_EPAY_PAYMENT_STATUS_CONFIRMED', $payment_data["orderid"]);
$modelOrder->updateStatusForOneOrder($virtuemart_order_id, $order, true);

}

If this code is missing in your payment plugin, you might simply be able to add it to the function and it works. But it needs some adapting as "$new_status" and "$virtuemart_order_id" needs to be found in the code. Also note that the text string "VMPAYMENT_EPAY_PAYMENT_STATUS_CONFIRMED" needs to be translated in the language file (and perhaps be renamed to something other that EPAY).

I still say there is a problem, as the VM configuration is not working. The problem is really that it should NOT be the payment plugin that sends the mail, but VM it self. But until then this thread includes two solutions!  :)