News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Checkout redirects to my hosts website

Started by Woeler1, January 15, 2013, 15:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woeler1

Hello everyone,

Please forgive me about being an ultimate noob. I'm just a beginner with virtuemart. I have installed virtuemart on my joomla website. I have also added a payment method (paypal, fully configerd) and I have added a shipment method. I am pretty sure I installed and configured all the major parts that are needed for VM to function correctly. However, when I try to purchase my testproduct something goes wrong.

My product gets added to the cart and then I click checkout. As soon as I click ''specify payment method'' ''checkout'' or ''specify shipment method'' I get redirected to the website of my host. I have no idea what's wrong.

I'm using Joomla 2.5.8 (Dutch/NL) and VM 2.0.18a (Dutch/NL)

Any help would be appreciated. Skype help would be even bettter (ask me for my username).

Thank you!

jenkinhill

You may need to deselect " Enable SSL for sensitive areas (recommended) " on the Configuration / Shop tab.

In all cases posting a url is useful!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Woeler1

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 15, 2013, 15:32:45 PM
You may need to deselect " Enable SSL for sensitive areas (recommended) " on the Configuration / Shop tab.

In all cases posting a url is useful!
Wow, that fixed it. However, it says SSL is recommended, am I not risking anything by deactivating it?
Link: www.correcthandel.com

PRO

jenkinhill

If you are using a payment system that is not hosted on your own site (you said PayPal) then using SSL is not essential, and most shoppers only check for SSL at the point of payment.

For added security during customer data entry, editing passwords etc then you could use SSL, but you host would need to support it - the url would be  https://www.correcthandel.com  - and you would need a dedicated IP address and a suitable SSL secure certificate.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum