Thumbnails not show true

Started by rangkuk, January 14, 2013, 12:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rangkuk

i config in admin

Thumbnail Image Width    :160
Thumbnail Image Height    :200

oki, but images not show true.
deminision true of images is: 160x113 but vm still used the name of images xxx_160x200.jpg

i'm testing in localhost
p/s Plz see attach file
plz help
thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

It's just a filename VirtueMart creates when 'Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing?' is enabled. Then VM2 resizes images with the thumbnail resize width/height values you have entered, because the original filename is reserved for the image file in images/stories/virtuemart/category/ (if you didn't change the default settings).

When you enter i.e. Width 160 and Height 200, these are the maximum values to which VM2 resizes images while keeping the aspect ratio. Images are scaled to a size which is within both limits. If your bed image would be scaled to 160 x 200 pixels, it would be distorted and look much longer than it actually is.

You can change the filename of course. I your case it would make sense to rename the category image to "Bedrooms" for example.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Rogier Knipscheer

Is it also possible to have the image resized in the config settings entered?

For example, i entered:
Thumbnail Image Width 250
and
Thumbnail Image Height 380

Images wil get the new size 240x380. I know these sizes are needed to keep the ratio aspekt, but i don't want that! If i enter 250, i want 250  ;)

Thank you!
RotsjK

jjk

Quote from: Rogier Knipscheer on March 05, 2013, 22:50:09 PM
Is it also possible to have the image resized in the config settings entered?
Do you want to distort the image i.e. to 250 x 380 or do you just want a width of 250? If you just want a width of 250, you can leave the maximum height field empty, so the resized image would be 250 x 396. If you do not want to keep the aspect ratio and want to distort the image, you should use an image editor like for example the free 'IrfanView', which also allows to 'distort' hundreds of images in a batch process and then upload the images to your VM image folder.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Rogier Knipscheer

Thank you for your reply.
If i leave the height open, no resized image is created, but that would not have solved my issue.

I indeed wanted the images to be distorted a bit, so they fit in the template where each picture is 250x380. I know programs like irfanview, i just hoped things could be done within virtuemart while uploading the imagefile...