News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Inventory page costprice is missing when having several shoppergroup prices

Started by amymattian, January 13, 2013, 12:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amymattian

Hi,

i have added shoppergroup prices to new 2.0.16. VM (Joomla 2.5.8.). I checked the Inventory page and noticed that all those products that I have several shoppergroup prices for do not give me inventory of value. I can see the amount in stock, but the costprice is missing.  I think the COSTPRICE in VM2 is not really a COSTPRICE but a baseprice for calculating the salesprice (price before taxes and reductions).

What is needed really is a REAL COSTPRICE in otherwords the price that the shop is PAYING for the product, so that the shop-admin is able to get a REAL Inventory.

Can the developers comment if this is something that will be coming soon? Separate COSTPRICE and separate BASEPRICE (that would be the price from which tax and reduction calculations are made of). Thank you!

Greetings,
Anne

amymattian

We actually have two fields at the moment COSTPRICE and PRICE, but the PRICE field is not editable. Would it not be possible to have have it editable so that it would be a REAL COSTPRICE or for the costprice to be the costprice and the second PRICE field to be the field from where all the calculations are done from? I hope this function of REAL COSTPRICE can  be achieved somehow.

I do understand that there are ways to do calculations through calculation rules but those would require all the prices to have SAME calculation rules. This is not realistic. Hope to get some comments from the developers. Thanks!

Greetings,
Anne