News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No price in product listing backend

Started by nikpony, January 12, 2013, 02:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikpony

Hello,
i have just update my VM version to 2.0.18a and i am looking inside the product listing page, and i am facing a little difficulty.
In the Price column, if a product has two or more prices (per shopper group i.e.) it says "No price set" for this product!
How can we set by default to see the i.e. retail customers price???

nikpony

I don't believe that nobody here hasn't identify this issue!
And also i don't believe that there is noone here that knows how to solve it...so people please help me!!!
This setup of Virtuemart until now has been difficult enough for me, and i would wanted to finish this site as soon as possible!

nikpony

Still nobody answered, not necessarily to solve this, just someone to say something...what support is this...

nikpony

Still nobody answered me?What developers do for this?
It's a pitty for your effort not to support this extension.

nikpony

We are witnessing tragic situations here!!!This is my fifth reply to my own topic and nobody felt the pride to tell something to me, to help me!
I can't understand you!I have created almost 10 topics and only in 1-2 i have replies....
Sorry for my bad English...

jenkinhill

That is working as designed. There is no setting to show prices with multiples selected. If you want to you can change the language string to that it displays something different to "No price set".  The more flexible multi price plugin may work differently, but I have not used it.

Sorry about deleay in getting a reply. We are 3 moderators down at the moment and will tend to give priority to singe messages rather than threads with 2/3 or more as our paid work limits the time available for volunteering on here, plus only a few other forum members seem willing to help their peers.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104795.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nikpony

Ok then please tell me in which files, these prices are called? Where is the function for this price???
I think that the name of this function is priceDisplay but i can't find it...

nikpony

Still waiting...don't forget me developers!

nikpony

I am waiting an answer from an expert...
Do we have experts here or all are irrelevants as me???

nikpony

Because i want to help other people that will have the same issue as mine, i will post my simple solution to fix it!

Go to the /public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/tmpl/default.php
and in line 149 where it has the following
<?php echo isset($product->product_price_display)? $product->product_price_display:JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_NO_PRICE_SET') ?>
delete it and copy the following lines

<?php $db =& JFactory::getDbo();
             $query = $db->getQuery(true);
             $query->select('product_price');
             $query->from('#__virtuemart_product_prices');
             $query->where('virtuemart_product_id = '. $product->virtuemart_product_id);
             $query->where('virtuemart_shoppergroup_id = 3');
             $db->setQuery($query);
         echo round ($db->loadResult(),2); ?>

This will appear prices for the shoppergroup with id 3, if you want an other column with prices for other shoppergroup, i think that you know the way to achieve it.
Just copy this and change the shoppergroup id according to your needs.

Thanks again!
Bye bye VM!

Milbo

Nikpony,

no one answered you, because most people do not care about this small bug. Maybe less then 5% is using multiple prices. Maybe 10% of them has a problem with it.

No one answered your post, no one joined your thread, so this is a "prove" that others dont see any sense to invest more than 5 minutes to solve this "bug".

So and now tell me, which thread is to answer? There is one thread, one single guy is writing about a problem the other just ignore and there is a thread 10 users discussing, which thread will I join?

We are social beings and of course we join the thread which used by more people. And of course the more people join a thread the more people have a problem the more likely it is that we solve the problem.

Your answer shows clearly that you just see yourself. Tell me your reasons, why we should help you? What is the gain? Did you gave me money? Did you gave the virtuemart project money? Do you have the right to claim anything? Why do you blame us then? We dont have any contract.

and btw, your solution may work, but it takes imho a good amount of calculation time, bad if you list more than 10 products. This is the reason we did not implement it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nikpony

My friend,
i completely understand you, you have right, you are running the development of this hard project and you also have to watch this forum and solve bugs when it is possible, but as i have said, its a pitty for your effort not to support it as well as it worth.

All here have customers that needing strange things, and all here have the stress to satisfy them...so this is the reason for me, but i never blamed you.
It is strong but you have to do something to run this project better and to make generally the VM better, because other ecommerce frameworks are in a better level as you know.

preardon007

Wow what a response. "Did you give us money." That's what open source is about? A forum is a place to get help. So if we post a problem forget it besides a snotty reply. You reply with a response for everyone after that first person to get a quick answer. No wonder I can never get help either. Just another reason to start looking for another ecommerce solution.

Milbo

Peardon007, if you would use the latest version with multiprices, you would see that we "solved" the problem, not displaying every price, but showing another text, so that shopowners see that behind of this are multiprices.

You maybe did not heard about, but you should not demand christmas presents from anyone. Nikpony requested a present from the community. As I explained already in the other post, the community is NOT interested to solve this problem. Otherwise we would have 2 pages here and 5 different people (not moderators) discussing it.

He was even able to fix the problem himself. So what he did first was just demanding a present from the community. Social people notice, "oh no one is interested in my problem, seems i must solve it myself". They do NOT demand from the community to solve THEIR problem.

As student I lived a long time in "shared flats". There are people demanding a cleaned cup. The normal way is just to clean one cup for yourself and use it. The social way is to clean all cups in the flat. But in vm to show the analogy, we have people knocking at the doors of others, the people who clean all the time the kitchen and demand that they have ALSO to clean the cups. Instead of getting the idea, hmm they cleaned the kitchen I could help with the cups.

A community works so that everyone does what he could. If someone starts to treat me, that I am obliged to help him, I do not have the right to ask for the reason? If people treat me like a bitch, I answer like a bitch, eh?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nortkele

Hello,
I have such problem : No price in product listing backend. Exactly : No price set.
As I see 2869 person read this topic but answer is not here. Conclusion -  2869 person are with same problem but they don't place question or new topic because the topic is opened .
Could you please provide to us answer and help for resolving of this problem?

I'm using
Virtuemart 3.0.14
Joomla 2.5.8
Thank you in advance for your collaboration and understanding!