Why my website product details sometime appear in the home page and a new page

Started by wesley888, January 11, 2013, 14:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesley888

I am using VM 2.0.16 and Joomla 2.5.8.

I having issue with my product details display being inconsistent appear either on the  Main Home page (screenshot 2) or a new page with the full-width (screenshot 1).
I would like to appear like Screenshot 1 upon clicking on the products icon.

Hope someone can help.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

This is a basic Joomla question. You should look at the Joomla menu item assignment for your modules, maybe show them only on the home page. If you need more control use something like Modules Anywhere].

Note http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wesley888

Hi Kelvyn,
Thank for the help. I have already use menu assignment feature within each of the module to only Home Page.
But when I click on product image on the any of module :- "New Product" or "Best Seller" or "Special Deal", it inconsistently display on a different layout.
I downloaded the Module-anyway per your suggestion, the problem did not go away.
I think it got to do with me using 2-sets of templates. I started with a free VM-Fly template and them change the another template - BlueJaxStorm.
Hope you can enlighten me.
Sorry I am quite new.
Cheers

jenkinhill

Your problem is certainly related to Joomla & template/menu/module assigments and not to VirtueMart.

Turn off SEF and check all your menus and template menu item assignments. If you are not using one of those Joomla menus then uninstall it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wesley888

:-[ Still unable to resolved after spending hours on this intermittence problem.