News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

upgrade from 2.0.16 to 2.018a prevents preview image in lightbox

Started by dimi2013, January 10, 2013, 11:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimi2013

Hello,
After I updated to 2.0.18a, I can no longer preview a product image in a lightbox. Instead, when I click on the image, it opens up in a new page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jenkinhill

If you are meaning the lightbox effect on the category view page with the products listed then that is working as designed. There is a lightbox effect on the product details image, which is now handled using fancybox instead of facebox so that navigation through more than one product image is possible.

You could add a fancybox code to the category view template and use as an override if you wish to.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dimi2013

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 10, 2013, 18:44:22 PM
There is a lightbox effect on the product details image, which is now handled using fancybox instead of facebox so that navigation through more than one product image is possible. You could add a fancybox code to the category view template and use as an override if you wish to.

Thanks for the reply! I didn't explain my issue well enough. I'm talking about the product details page--where the add to cart button is. When you click on the image it just doesn't come up in a lightbox anymore but opens up in a separate page instead. Do you think I have some kind of conflict?

dimi2013

Ok, now it gets weird. I added more images to a single product details page. When I click on the thumbnails below they open in a nice lightbox. When I click on the "main" image, next to the add to cart button, it opens in a new page.  In addition, the nav buttons are missing. ???

wesley888

I also experienced the same problem even when I at 2.0.16.
A new window will be launched instead of the "usual" pop-up box displaying a larger image of the product selected.

dimi2013

Ooookay, here we go. First of all, I'm going to say that while I fixed the issues I was having, it took me all day to discover the fix.
Here's what I did:

• Akeeba backup and ran the backup on WAMP

• Uninstalled all VM plugins/modules

• Deleted all VM .INIs. in the administrator/language folders (en-GB, fr-FR). Though, after subsequent tests, I discovered this step was unnecessary

• Installed both VM 2.0.18a  & AIO, respectively,  via Joomla's installer (Extensions/Extension Manager/install) using the .zip files located at http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

• Went to my main menus and opened them and hit save and close--nothing else. I had to do this because VM had lost the paths and when I was clicking on an item in Category Layout I was being taken to Featured Items. The menu items had a red button as if they were unpublished and in the Menu Item Type column it listed a Component 'com_virtuemart' does not exist message. I had to open the actual menu item, however, and hit save & close in order to get it to work--just checking the boxes and hitting Publish didn't work.

• I had to go in to my shipment methods,  and payment methods, and hit save & close for each one.

• I had to reinstall a plugin for my dropdown custom fields--the custom fields were there but they didn't do anything because the plugin was missing. Once I installed the plugin, I chose it from the drop down options, and I added the values from another backup I had and voila.

That's basically it. I now works fine and all the images are popping up in the fancybox including the nav and any extra images and VM's updated to 2.0.18a. I'll post something if I notice anything new. It'd be great if anyone tries this to post of their experiences--I'm very curious to find out if this works for others. Just make sure you use a backup and don't do anything on a live site. ;D

knapperalpakka

I have the exact same problem, but I only upgraded from 2.0.18 to 2.0.18a (!). Images worked just fine with 2.0.18, now they open in a new window. Ugly.

I applaud your efforts, but there is no way I'm going to risk going through all that to get something that works right again. Upgrading to v2 was horrible enough.

There must be a simpler solution out there?

dimi2013

QuoteThere must be a simpler solution out there?
From your mouth to God's ear, brother. That'd be nice, especially for future updates/upgrades. On another note, bear in mind that while troubleshooting it took me all day, the actual "fix" took no more than 30 minutes and the site is now on a secure server and live. Anyway, let's see if anyone comes up w/anything, I'm curious.

jenkinhill

knapperalpakka issues like this can be very difficult to track down, but can be due to using the VM live updater on a server which is not fast enough or has good connectivity. I suspect this can cause file corruptions, solved by using Joomla's extensions installer to perform updates, installing the main component and the related aio component each time, which is what I always do.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

knapperalpakka

I just updated the VM installation with the latest package for 2.0.18a and AIO and I have the same problem still. I used the joomla extensions installer for both. Problem can be seen here:
http://www.alpakka.org/alpakkabutikken/gensere/cocoon

knapperalpakka

jenkinhill

You have a JavaScript issue - SCRIPT5009: 'jQuery' is undefined for the facebox & fancybox scripts. You must load jQuery before those scripts, but it looks like you have turned off VM jQuery. I assume this is because you are loading two more versions of jQ - but they load after they are required by the fb scripts.

<script src="/modules/mod_we_ufeed_display/colorbox/jquery-1.5.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/templates/knapperalpakkajoomla25template13/jquery.js"></script>

Ideally you should only load one jQuery version, and load it early. Maybe stop the other scripts loading or use jQuery Easy.

We see a lot of js conflicts with Artisteer templates, which don't seem to follow normal Joomla convention.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

knapperalpakka

I just turned VM jquery on again. Same thing. I didn't have this problem with VM 2.0.18.

JQuery Easy solved it, sort of. Now VM works, but a slideshow component used elsewhere in joomla doesn't, so I have to add exceptions. But still better than how it was.

jenkinhill

The only difference between 2.0.18 and 2.0.18a: The "a" version has a fix if you use an unpublished product as pattern and some people got a problem with the add to cart button.

So both should be the same. But it often seems to me that some site structures load far too much JavaScript.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

knapperalpakka

I tried one of the templates that came with joomla and had the same problems, so the problem probably comes from a conflict between plugins/addons, i.e. VM and something else. As this is quite a frequent problem with joomla and addons one would think finding a solution within the joomla core would be beneficial to a lot of people. But that's a different discussion. Thanks for the help.