News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] 2.0.16 & 2.0.18a 'Add new price' dropdown lists not functioning.

Started by DG, January 10, 2013, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DG

Hi

I updated to VM 2.0.16 and found that I was unable to "select" anything when attempting to add additional pricing for a product (per group).  The dropdown lists weren't functioning.
In updating to 2.0.18a, while the layout for adding a new price to a product has changed, the same problem exists.
I can go to the product and edit the original pricing, and I can click on 'Add new price' and see the layout to add additional product pricing. However, the dropdown lists in the 'Add new price' area are not functioning.

Can anyone please advise?

Regards.

amymattian

Hi,

I had the same issue, but noticed that after clicking Save or Apply button I could access those. But now I have no prices visible on frontend. I am trying to find some instructions how to form different shoppergroup prices and what settings I must have but have not found any instructions. Have you?

Greetings,
Anne

Milbo

The problem is that the js is initialised after the page is loaded. So you must store first the form, so that the js can work on the new divs.
The prices are quite simple. The conditions should be always unique. You can set no shoppergroup => for all shoppergroups, or ONE shoppergroup. If you want that they have same prices, you must create a price for each shoppergroup.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

DG

Quote from: Milbo on January 10, 2013, 15:58:05 PM
The problem is that the js is initialised after the page is loaded. So you must store first the form, so that the js can work on the new divs.
The prices are quite simple. The conditions should be always unique. You can set no shoppergroup => for all shoppergroups, or ONE shoppergroup. If you want that they have same prices, you must create a price for each shoppergroup.

I understand what you mean by the js isn't loading but I don't understand what you mean by 'must store the form first'.
I updated to 2.0.16 then 2.0.18a > went to configuration and re-saved the options config options > selected a product for editing (and resaved it to be sure).  However, I'm still unable to access the dropdowns (I click on the dropdown link, but nothing drops down to select) in the 'Add new price' area.  Can you please elaborate?

Regards. 

DG

Ok... I see.  You need to add a second price, save it - and then you have the ability to select the additional options.
I'm good.  Thanks. :)

nikpony

Ok???Is it logical?Is it comfortable for the users? When they want to add new prices to save and save again and again???
Please give us a help developers, i have opened a lot of threads and nobody helped me!
What's happening???

billvass

Hi everyone, i've read the post's and given aswers.
The problem still exist.

First attempt
1. Add new product
2. Add price
3. Save (Using the check button)
4. Add new price (using the button "add new price")

Second attempt
1. Add new product
2. Add price
3. Save (Using the disk button)

Third attempt
1. Add new product
2. Add price
4. Add new price (using the green roung plus button)

Fourth attempt
1. Add new product
2. Add price
4. Add new price (using the green round plus button +)

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, IE9

I've found that this working with IE8, but the layout of the admin is messed up,

Can anyboady Find the solution for this?

Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tutnet

Quote from: billvass on February 17, 2013, 13:16:24 PM
Hi everyone, i've read the post's and given aswers.
The problem still exist.

First attempt
1. Add new product
2. Add price

Second attempt
1. Add new product
2. Add price

Third attempt
1. Add new product
2. Add price
4. Add new price (using the green roung plus button)

Fourth attempt
1. Add new product
2. Add price
4. Add new price (using the green round plus button +)

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, IE9

I've found that this working with IE8, but the layout of the admin is messed up,

Can anyboady Find the solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Did you get this working because I have exactly the same problem?

amymattian

Tutnek, don't know if you figured this one out yet, but the key was to Add new price, add the price and SAVE (apply) and only AFTER that you can ACCESS the dropdown-options. So always save or apply the amount BEFORE trying to choose anything else.  :)

- Anne

Vicki Payne

Thank you for sharing this, Rayge - it was just what I needed. There is one small improvement I'd like to ask you (or someone else) about:

When a price that ends in zero is shown in the table (such as $0.50) it appears as $0.5 - which is not a standard way to present USD amounts. Is there a way to modify the "round" function - or to manipulate the price in some other way - so that the final zero will not be cut off?

Thank you again!

Vicki

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart