News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Blank (White) Page when migrating Users VM 2.0.16d

Started by xpozay, January 07, 2013, 08:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpozay

I am doing the migration using the migration tool but one step at a time as mine keeps 'hanging'
- General went OK
- Product went OK (I skip users so test product prices)
- Users processes and process.  After a while the screen goes blank.  Here is some information

Max_exectution_time = 120
Memory_limit = 1024

After a few times of the screen going blank, instead it would produce the error messages
vmError: Table userinfos check failed: Unknown address_type
vmError: Migration storeAddress BT

All my users have BT and no ST.

It would then reach a maximum of 1000 messages and I would have to restart. It did this until the last record was processed - I was following the table updates in the backend.  The store I was migrating has around 10K records in userinfos and about 50K in vmusers.

Do I need to worry about the blank page or BT error messages?  While I rather have the migration go straight through, this is a once off task and can live with restarting 20-30 times.

Milbo

I would lower the memory limit, else the chunksize is to big. Set it to 256 MB for example
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

xpozay

Played around a little but instead I ended up increases my max_memory and the blank pages have gone away.  I still have to repeat the migration process many many many times because of max messages received but avoiding the white screens halves the time to complete the migration.