[Solved] Losing Product Price During Migration from VM1 to VM 2.0.16

Started by xpozay, January 04, 2013, 13:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpozay

Dying here going over and over the processing seeing if I could have left anything out :(

- Migration from VM 1 to 2.0.16
- J2.5.7
- Products about 1000
- Orders about 15000
- Joomla users 50K  (not sure really how many shoppers)
- I do not use: product custom fields, attributes, taxes, discounts, anything.  just a product price.

I try the migration two ways: 1) Everything.  2) A little at a time
In both cases data is migrated however my products prices are lost

Process assuming a little at a time
- Remove VM tables
- Restore system defaults
- Goto shop and set up vendor details (set currency, country)
- Set up tax rate not defined to any shopper group, product category
- Migrate General to get product categories
- Migrate Products

All product details come across except product price.  If I edit and save, the price (cost price) is set to zero.

When I goto into the database I see that the product_price table is empty except for the one product that I edited.

Why is the product price not coming across?

Can I just to into the table and copy the price field from the old vm_product_price table fields id, price, currency and shopper group to the new table?

Will there be any negative repercussions over doing this manually?

Thanks

jenkinhill

I have never had a proble with prices using the recommended migration method. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95236.0

I do not know if manually copying the tables will cause a problem and I do not recall anyone saying that they did it that way.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

I am very sorry,

the migration for prices got broken due the multiprices. my fault. It is not repaired in the svn and will be in the next version, which comes maybe already this evening.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

xpozay

OK thanks.  I have been going crazy.  Trying so many different things on various servers with different configurations.  I would have pulled my hair out if I had any left.

Look forward to the next release to give it a try.

If you cannot get the next release out, I don't mind taking a patch to try out - I assume just replacing a few files?  Sorry I am not very good with SVN - actually quite hopeless and need to learn that one day.

xpozay