News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Confirmed by shopper?

Started by lindapowers, January 02, 2013, 02:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi

Simple question, we don't understand this order status.

I mean whats the difference between pending and confirmed by shopper?

A shopper can confirm an order??? Don't get it.

Can it be removed without any issues or does it affect paypal or credit card payments?

Regards

abhishek_wg

I also have the same question.
Please reply asap.

lindapowers

Our option was to completely ignore this status...

I'm still waiting for someone to explain me how on earth an order can be confirmed by a shopper...

reinhold

For me, the difference is that "Pending" means the user is not legally bound by his order, while "Confirmed by Shopper" means that the user has formally posted an offer and is legally bound by it. The latter case is relevant when you ship with an invoice and let the customer pay later.

Consider two cases:

1) Payment with PayPal, the order will be shipped only after payment.
        Before payment: Status Pending (=NOT ready to ship, user can still cancel)
        After Payment: Status Confirmed

2) Purchase order, the order will be shipped immediately, the invoice will be paid later
        After submitting the order: Status Confirmed by Shopper (=ready to ship, user can't cancel any more)

But of course, it always depends on the shop owner how he wants to interpret the order statuses.

lindapowers

Thanks Reinhold

I guess it depends also in the country, the laws and the shop.

For us it doesn't make much sense cause an order status printed in an invoice has no effect in law terms, I mean it doesn't matter for us if is confirmed by shopper or pending, both are pending payments.

Following your logic a bank transfer should be "confirmed by shopper" assuming the order is shipped inmediately but that has no legal effect here even with an invoice... if the customer doesn't want to pay he doesnt pay.

But I understand the way of using that order status, thanks.

Milbo

Pending can be interpreted as "I took it in the store, went to the cashdesk and noticed I have no money". No one would have the idea, that this customer has now to pay.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member