News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Generic Child Variant --Parent Orderable(when option is unchecked)

Started by afterglow80, December 30, 2012, 22:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afterglow80

I just installed a fresh vm 2.0.16 and created a new product, we have products with sizes that we need to keep track of inventory. I added 2 child products to this parent, added generic child variant (size) to the parent under custom fields, I have "parent orderable" option UNCHECKED, and for some reason it's still possible to order the parent on the front end by the customer? Customers should NOT be able to order the parent if it has children and the option is unchecked... Is there a solution to fix this? PLEASE!
How do you make the parent not orderable??? We still can't use this amazing vm2 because of this bug, still stuck with 1.1.9 as a result. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Thank you in advance!

afterglow80

Seems it's a virtuemart theme/template issue with puremart theme and their addtocart button. I'll post back if I find a solution. Thanks

afterglow80

I found a fix, and also for those interested in understanding how stockable variants work, this is a great tutorial! It made me understand how that works, it's quite an amazing and powerful plugin vm crew came up with. :) Pls delete my other post under vm2 bugs, my mistake, it was a vm theme issue.
http://www.flexiblewebdesign.com/forum-virtuemart-2-template-puremart-support/152-tutorial-custom-field-with-stockable-variants