News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Thumbnail does not show up in VirtueMart frontend

Started by Inziladum, December 22, 2012, 14:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inziladum

Hello,

I have an issue concerning the show up of thumbnails in the frontend virtuemart (e-shop).
When i upload product pictures and their thumbnails on my ftp server, while both of them are stored in the right fpt path, the thumbnail does not show on my e-shop unlike the image.
On the other hand, when i use another ftp path which includes some demo product images and thumbnails, they are shown in the e-shops' product card.
The image url that is used for the demo images is (an example) images/demoproducts/bin/ while for thumbnails images/bin/demoproducts/resized.
The above urls work for the demo products.
When i manually change -in the VirtueMart Backend the url path for my product pictures and thumbnais- into (an example) images/myproducts/mybin/ and images/myproducts/mybin/resized, the thumbnails does not show in the eshop's product card.
Also when i enter the whole path (for example) https/testsite/joomla/images/myproducts/mybin/resized, the problem still occurs.

Thank you in advance,any advice would be appriciated.

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Inziladum

I forgot to mention the message that appears when i click on the thumbnail : "The requested contest cannot be load. Please try again".
Also the VirtueMart version is 2.0.14 while joomla version is 2.5

Thank you

antifragile

Hello Inziladum, while I may not have completely grasped your issue, perhaps this helps:

When images are visible in the backend but not in the frontend, it may be a template issue.

Go to configuration -> templates and try out three things (sorry, I am using a German language version so instructions may not be 100% precise):

• Check the paths in the media configuration
  • Check or uncheck the "resized" checkbox (my template sourced images from one unexpected location only, the resized ones, even for non-resized needs)
  • Uncheck the "uses the virtuemart CSS" under "Activate CSS-styles and Javascripts"

This helped me in a similar issue. Using a different Joomla template altogether as a check identified my issue (in the other template I did not have an image issue).

Regards,

Dan