News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

FREE: 2 Click Social Buttons

Started by Eugen S., December 30, 2012, 17:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugen S.

This VirtueMart plugin includes buttons for sharing a product on social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. Each service can be disabled in the settings.

The spcial thing about this plugin is that the buttons do not connect to the social networks before a user has clicked on them. After a second click the product will be shared with their friends on their profile board. There is also a settings which allows every user to save their own setting in a cookie whether to show the connected button immediately on page load or not.

Demo below product description: http://www.jdemo.mowebso.com/mws_demo_virtuemart_theme/index.php/vm-product-details

Download from The VirtueMart Extensions Store => http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/virtuemart-2-click-social-buttons-detail

Why 2 clicks?
We believe that privacy is a very important issue. By an usual integration the buttons connects to the network platforms on page load and send data about the user without that the user has done something in this regard. This is information such as URL of the page and a code with which it is possible to identify the visitor immediately. Thus, this network platforms create whole surf profiles and collect data.

The 2-click process solves this problem. It symbolizes the visitors the possibility to share and gives your visitors the freedom to decide whether the site should connect to the network and thus can exchange data. The customer may decide on his consent!

Installation

1. Please install the file ,,pkg_mowebso_vm_2click_social.zip" through the joomla installation manager.

2. Please publish the plugin ,,System - MoWebSo" and ,,MoWebSo VirtueMart 2 Click Social Buttons" in your plugin manager.

3. Navigate to the ,,Custom Plugins" Section in your VirtueMart component. (Menu => VirtueMart => Products => Custom Fields )

4. Click on the ,,New" Button in the upper right corner.

5. Choose ,,Plug-ins" as Custom Field Type and select the plugin in the option box at the bottom. It`s called ,,MoWebSo VirtueMart 2 Click Social Buttons".

6. Make your settings in the appearing panel and save.

7. Navigate to any product and open the last tab (Custom Fields).

8. Choose your created plugin which is listed with your custom name now and save. The buttons should appear on the site of the product. Repeat it for all products or download the Joomla Plugin which will show the buttons for every product by default.
Send me a pm ;-)

Eugen S.

Update:

# We just added the serbian language (latin) -
Send me a pm ;-)

simony

Got it to work.. but where to download joomla plugin to show all products instead?

Eugen S.

Quote from: simony on January 01, 2013, 21:08:18 PM
Got it to work.. but where to download joomla plugin to show all products instead?

You can download it at the VirtueMart extensions store at http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/virtuemart-2-click-social-buttons-detail

Joomla Plugin is the second download file => "pkg_mowebso_2click_social_1.0.1.zip"
Send me a pm ;-)

radu4us

Installed both plugins, and they work but only in 2 click mode.

I had a problem changing the General Settings: tried to change the settings regarding Permanent Display and Activate Service but nothing happens.

Any solutions?

Eugen S.

Quote from: radu4us on January 02, 2013, 20:38:07 PM
Installed both plugins, and they work but only in 2 click mode.

I had a problem changing the General Settings: tried to change the settings regarding Permanent Display and Activate Service but nothing happens.

Any solutions?

Did you adjuste the "Domain for the cookie" field in the settings of the plugin? It should be your domain like www.your-domain.de without http://

At least one service should be activated for permanent display. Then your user can active the service to show always on your site on their visits.

Note that every user will decide for themselfs - there is no setting to show it always for everyone - they first have to active it for themself and you can decide if they should be able to decide this...
Send me a pm ;-)

franktheredone

Hi, I followed the instruction, installed both VM2 plugin and joomla plugin without problems, but the second one won't work as I expected: it show up the social buttons on every standard joomla articles (wich is not even needed for my purpose) but on the VM page of the products nothing is changed if I don't manually set the custom field. I'm using VM 2.0.12f on joomla 2.5.7. Thanks in advance.

Eugen S.

Quote from: franktheredone on January 09, 2013, 12:55:29 PM
Hi, I followed the instruction, installed both VM2 plugin and joomla plugin without problems, but the second one won't work as I expected: it show up the social buttons on every standard joomla articles (wich is not even needed for my purpose) but on the VM page of the products nothing is changed if I don't manually set the custom field. I'm using VM 2.0.12f on joomla 2.5.7. Thanks in advance.

For VirtueMart Plugin it is important to create a custom field first. Then you have to assign this custom field to every product where you want to show these buttons.

For the joomla Plugin to appear on every product I think you need to update your VirtueMart component. They added the joomla trigger for product page very lately.
Send me a pm ;-)

franktheredone

Quote from: Eugen S. on January 10, 2013, 09:38:07 AM
For VirtueMart Plugin it is important to create a custom field first. Then you have to assign this custom field to every product where you want to show these buttons.
Yup, it's clearly written on the instruction page and that's exactly what i did. But in addiction to that it's written: "[...] Repeat it for all products or download the Joomla Plugin which will show the buttons for every product by default."

For the joomla Plugin to appear on every product I think you need to update your VirtueMart component. They added the joomla trigger for product page very lately.
Dunno exactly what you mean with "joomla trigger" anyway I've updated joomla to 2.5.8 and virtuemart to 2.0.18a, repeated the configuration step as the first time but the buttons still wont show up on every products by default, I must add the custom field manually on each product. in addiction (but for me it's better like this), the buttons wont show up by default even in the standard joomla articles.
What am I missing??
Am I the only one experiencing that?

Eugen S.

Quote from: franktheredone on January 11, 2013, 15:58:05 PM
Yup, it's clearly written on the instruction page and that's exactly what i did. But in addiction to that it's written: "[...] Repeat it for all products or download the Joomla Plugin which will show the buttons for every product by default."

Dunno exactly what you mean with "joomla trigger" anyway I've updated joomla to 2.5.8 and virtuemart to 2.0.18a, repeated the configuration step as the first time but the buttons still wont show up on every products by default, I must add the custom field manually on each product. in addiction (but for me it's better like this), the buttons wont show up by default even in the standard joomla articles.
What am I missing??
Am I the only one experiencing that?

But you installed the "joomla" plugin and published it right?
Send me a pm ;-)

franktheredone

Quote from: Eugen S. on January 11, 2013, 17:16:34 PM
But you installed the "joomla" plugin and published it right?

of course  :), both vm and joomla plugin installed and published

Eugen S.

Maybe you could submit a support ticket on our site and send us your url and backend access.
Send me a pm ;-)

franktheredone

I had to enable the Joomla plugin option in Virtuemart config. Could be nice to add that info in a FAQ or directly in the intall/config instruction.

Eugen S.

Quote from: franktheredone on January 14, 2013, 11:33:14 AM
I had to enable the Joomla plugin option in Virtuemart config. Could be nice to add that info in a FAQ or directly in the intall/config instruction.

oh ok - totally forgot about this option in the config. I`m sorry.
Send me a pm ;-)

franzpeter

Would be a nice extension if it would just influence the display on the product details page. But it has a bad influence on the default VM homepage too. The newest products do not work as expected there. Seems that the plugin influences somehow the sort order of those products by showing old products instead of new. That is not a joke, it shows the longest listed products. So there seems to be a conflict with VM 2.0.18a in case of frontpage or sort order.