Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart State / Province / Region not showing in dropdown

Started by shankar, December 28, 2012, 05:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shankar

Hi,

I am using virtue mart 2.0.16
i have a problem in this when we are select county the country related State / Province / Region are not showing

see the attachment

Thank you

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

shankar

Hi,

I am fallowing same but not showing, what is the problem

thank you

inboxmarketing

Can anyone help me?

On checkout page "update qty" and "delete" and "confirm puchase" dont do anything...

they post to mootools  but nothing comes back

any combinations of "use google jquery" etc will not effect changes...

reqeust headers
POST /index.php/en/component/virtuemart/view/index.php?type=onepage&opc_task=set_checkout&hfdikqci HTTP/1.1
Host: danceeverythingwarehouse.com
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 622
Accept: application/json
Origin: http://danceeverythingwarehouse.com
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
X-Request: JSON
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.64 Safari/537.31
Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
Referer: http://danceeverythingwarehouse.com/index.php/en/component/virtuemart/view/cart
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
Cookie: jpanesliders_content-sliders-=0; jpanesliders_permissions-sliders-=0; manufacturer10=1; manufacturer8=1; manufacturer6=1; manufacturer11=1; jpanesliders_permissions-sliderscom_content=0; jpanesliders_plugin-sliders-10101=0; jpanesliders_module-sliders=0; jpanesliders_sliders=0; jpanesliders_permissions-sliders=0; configuration=site; jpanesliders_panel-sliders=0; jpanesliders_position-icon=0; aaab0bdac259ac8adc5bd6c4c2865e4c=58ec0e0b1a02d7d4148ec52d93d6e266; jpanesliders_menu-sliders-103=0; jpanesliders_menu-sliders-132=0; jpanesliders_menu-sliders-106=0; jpanesliders_menu-sliders-104=0; jpanesliders_menu-sliders-133=0; jpanesliders_menu-sliders-134=0; jpanesliders_menu-sliders-101=0; shipmentmethod2=1; uservm-user=0; paymentmethod1=1; ce2da5f0c5e1652068a9aa8ca9620854=ec271361898c05d783b137b2568e6696; accordeon=4; config=2; vmapply=2; 941bd606550af7f2998ceff5075ec6cd=en-GB

response headers
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 05:59:57 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.18
P3P: CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTRo STP IND DEM", CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTRo STP IND DEM"
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-cache, no-cache
Pragma: no-cache, no-cache, no-cache
Content-Encoding: gzip
X-Content-Encoded-By: Joomla! 2.5
Set-Cookie: 941bd606550af7f2998ceff5075ec6cd=en-GB; expires=Fri, 11-Apr-2014 05:59:57 GMT; path=/
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
X-Cache: MISS from tx33vspep2db
Connection: close

Rest of the site works as expected.....

And of course ready to go live like now.....

http://www.danceeverythingwarehouse.com

yes tried .....Check for JavaScript conflicts.  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/General_JS-Problems_with_templates_and_jQuery

jenkinhill

Test using Beez template to rule out issues with your artisteer template, template overrides etc
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

inboxmarketing

ok so the default template works what does this mean to me now?

Or what have I done?

And more importantly what can I do to fix it? :)

many thanks in advance

jenkinhill

You have ruled out an issue with your VirtueMart installation or the server environment. Next step is to try your Artisteer template but without additional modules that may use JavaScript. If that is OK then add in your modules testing each one as you go to locate the problem one.

Unfortunately too many people have problems using Artisteer, either with JS or the css files the system creates, so that6 is the first thing to rule out - or not.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

DaveOzric

I too am using Artisteer and the state is not showing. I may have to resort to using a default template but can't get it to stay on that template. I assign the menu item to beez but when I go to my cart it's back to the Artisteer template. I can't switch the whole site. Why is it going to the component in the URL.

DaveOzric

OK, it must be something else. I just install on a different Joomla 2.5 site and used the Atomic template and still no state dropdown. Do you have to setup a state list first?

Here's my specs if you need them.
PHP 5.3.24
Joomla 2.5.11
Site with Artisteer is 2.5.9 (compatibility issue with plugin can't update)
VM 2.0.20b

DaveOzric

That's definitely not it. I uninstalled everything and am using Atomic template and it still doesn't work.

Also, I am unable to add the state to the shop in the backend. I opened up the virtuemart_state_id and tried to add something but it didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stonedfury

No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Stonedfury

No country no state. //<![CDATA[
jQuery( function($) {
$("select.virtuemart_country_id").vm2front("list",{dest : "#virtuemart_state_id",ids : ""});
});
//]]>
being loaded to your site but you have no countries to select from so you have no states loaded. :( That's what I see as a problem.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

DaveOzric

OK, not sure what happened but I was able to enter the state in the shop setup in the backend and then it fixed the frontend. I swear I tried that and it wouldn't let me, it was just blank.

Thanks for all your help and sending me in the right direction.

Cheers

SiberianTiger

Hello!

Can someone please help me to solve the same problem with my website: http://agenty-buduschego.ru/

It's single-language in Russian, but the problem is visible when you go by the user registration link:
https://agenty-buduschego.ru/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&lang=ru

Whichever country is chosen (even the USA), the state/province dropdown (one at the bottom) is empty.

I have all the required countries and states published and they are visible in the backend.

Tried different combos of ticks in "Activate Css Styles & Javascripts" section of the shop config, but neither worked.

The joomla template is derived from Atomic and has no attached custom jQuery library.

Joomla verison: 2.5.16
Virtuemart version: 2.0.22d