News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

When I add the 11th product to cart, all goes out

Started by JaumeQuerS, December 21, 2012, 12:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaumeQuerS

Hi all,

I'm at Joomla 2.5.8 Stable, VM 2.0.8c and I start adding products to cart. Until the 10th product in the cart all goes fine... but when I try to add the 11th I get to an empty cart. It seems as if the session closes.  You can see live at www.samecollection.com.

The worst part is we've test it in other sites developed under the same versions and the problem also appears. Always the same.

Obviously I search many hours for the solution, browsed the forum, etc...

Any help or ideas for testing or trying will be welcome!! Solution will be the best xmas gift. 

Thank you all

Peter Pillen

I tested it to... virtuemart 2.014 and I have the same problem as described above.

this should be moved to Bug's

bytelord

Hey guys,

Please inform us about your PHP and Apache version also your current settings on PHP like,

PHP:
Memory Size
Max execution Time

Apache:
Enabled libraries, like GD, gzip, etc

Joomla:
Turn on error reporting to max and when this happen trap the error and post it here

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Milbo

I just can say that we have already enhanced and optimised the cart for 2.1 and there you can add 100 products without problem. Sorry that this didn made it into vm2.0.16.

But it depends also on your products itself, server settings and things like this. Ah yes and dont use the joomla table repair, then your session table is too small, check the size of it, should be text NOT varchar
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JaumeQuerS

Hi all,

Thanks for all responses. Today, I will try to follow the paths you opened to solve the problem and post how has gone.

Thanks again, I'll be back soon :) !! 

JaumeQuerS

Hi again, and thanks for all the links that has taken me to solve the problem.

Previously to make the post I've searched a lot but with "11" I did not get a significant search (as it occurs in each case with a different number of products) and "cart empty" throws many non related results.

The answer was simple as Lexiboy explains here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99768.msg330209#msg330209

I just went into the Joomla database and changed the 'data' field of the jml_session table from TEXT into MEDIUMTEXT and this seems to solve the problem for me.

It seems that the field data of the jml_session table easily can outgrow the 64k limit of a TEXT field. With just 24 items in the basked the data increased from +/- 10k to over 80k. In a TEXT field that would truncate/destroy the data.

Thank you all !!!