News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

trouble with the shipping address

Started by slinkybambi, October 18, 2012, 04:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slinkybambi

Hi There.

I am using VM 2.0.12b  and I am having trouble with the shipping address it stops my customers form being able to proceed through to the payment and freight options. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to delete the "ship to" address so that my customers only have to enter the billing address? My website cannot be used by my customers until this is fixed so hence we are getting no orders!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

The shopping cart is impossible to use and I dont know what to do. Please help me!!

Is there any way I can delete the shipping address option? I am very frustrated by this version of Virtuemart as it is not as easy to setup as the older versions!! 

rodfarrell

Did you solve this?  I have the same problem and getting any response on this forum is a pretty remote possibility

Milbo

Quote from: rodfarrell on December 21, 2012, 00:38:22 AM
Did you solve this?  I have the same problem and getting any response on this forum is a pretty remote possibility
Statistically completly bullshit. This is just slander. What means for you pretty "remote possibility"? Lets say 20%, yes? 80% of the posts and threads not answered? If you count them, you will see that maybe 5% or less is not answered and then if you look closer you see that 50% just not understandable, 30% are asking for stuff which is written in FAQ or what cannob be decided by us, the last 20% of the 5%, which is 1% of all have question we just cannot answer. this is my personal opinion, not proven not counted. But my feeling.

Do you know what it means remote possibility? This is used for things like 1:1000. So you got your answer.

Quote from: slinkybambi on October 18, 2012, 04:17:59 AM
I am using VM 2.0.12b  and I am having trouble with the shipping address it stops my customers form being able to proceed through to the payment and freight options.

This is one of the posts very likely to be ignored.
First: It is enough to enter ONLY BT. So why should someone answer here? No one understands what he means. And you "rodfarrell" also do not know.

So if we all know that the shipment is not mandatory, which sense makes the post of slinkybambi then? Did he wrote that he did something with the shopperfields? Is he using template overwrites? Maybe he must just update, hmm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rodfarrell

So what you are saying is that if you think an answer is obvious you wont bother to answer.  Very helpful. 

Hint - if 124 people read a post and don't offer an answer its probably because they don't know either.  On other forums people are always ready to help new users even when they think the answer is obvious.