News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart update kills shop

Started by webrep3151, December 24, 2012, 17:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrep3151

I find it astounding that an update could be so detrimental to an existing shop.

I updated yesterday only to find out its not showing pricing any longer

I've tried various fixes and read forums where "experts" condescendingly point you to other threads that its supposedly been solved on but still users having issues.

Is there no testing before releasing updates?

My shop was working absolutely fine until this update.

jenkinhill

Can you help us to help you by answering the following:

What version did you update from?
How did you perform the update?
What Joomla version are you using?
Are you using a commercial template?
What template overrides do you use?

Finally can you tell use the url?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

webrep3151

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 24, 2012, 17:18:57 PM
Can you help us to help you by answering the following:

What version did you update from?
latest version prior to 2.0.16

How did you perform the update?
virtuemart prompted update in admin

What Joomla version are you using?
Are you using a commercial template?
Yes

What template overrides do you use?
None

Finally can you tell use the url?
preppertactical.com

It is the same issue so many others are having. I've yet to find a posted solution that works.

I have noticed I can go to each individual product and in the product pricing section, change from "default" to select option and the pricing appears.

Note that before the update ALL pricing was showing. Shop was running perfectly.

jenkinhill

The Gavick eSport template does have VirtueMart template overrides which control the style and layout, including the prices. They will need to provide updated files for their users. A quick workaround for a commercial template display problem is to rename the override directory, which will probably be at /templates/gk_esport/html/com_virtuemart/  This then uses the default VirtueMart layout theme, although the gk css will still be applied.

Exactly which selector are you changing here: "change from "default" to select option" that fixes the price display?

Nobody else has reported a price display issue with this version when  upgrading from the most recent versions, 2.0.12f and 2.0.14 (over 6,000 people have downloaded the update files so far), so we have no experience of this, and it did not show up on testing where we do not use commercial templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

webrep3151

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 24, 2012, 18:39:21 PM
The Gavick eSport template does have VirtueMart template overrides which control the style and layout, including the prices. They will need to provide updated files for their users. A quick workaround for a commercial template display problem is to rename the override directory, which will probably be at /templates/gk_esport/html/com_virtuemart/  This then uses the default VirtueMart layout theme, although the gk css will still be applied.

Exactly which selector are you changing here: "change from "default" to select option" that fixes the price display?

Nobody else has reported a price display issue with this version when  upgrading from the most recent versions, 2.0.12f and 2.0.14 (over 6,000 people have downloaded the update files so far), so we have no experience of this, and it did not show up on testing where we do not use commercial templates.

ok, I'll repeat.

Shop was working fine until update. Problems started immediately after the update without any other changes to anything in configuration and/or cart itself.

yes, changing from "default" to "please select" which I would assume takes away any pricing assignations. I have over 4000 products so difficult to change each one individually.

I renamed the directory as you suggested. No visible changes/prices still not showing.

jenkinhill

I think you are referring to the shopper group associated with the price. Please select or anonymous will show the prices to everybody, default should only show the prices to logged in users. Looks like you have a configuration error. Rather than change every product or run some sql in the database to do this you can change the way the default group works.

Go to Orders & Shoppers and select Shopper Group. Then select -default- followed by Enable shoppergroup specific price display. Then select Show Prices  and the individual price fields you wish to display. Then save.

Also check that under Configuration/Pricing / Show Following Prices  that you have the correct settings for the prices you wish to display.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

webrep3151

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 24, 2012, 19:30:56 PM
I think you are referring to the shopper group associated with the price. Please select or anonymous will show the prices to everybody, default should only show the prices to logged in users. Looks like you have a configuration error. Rather than change every product or run some sql in the database to do this you can change the way the default group works.

Go to Orders & Shoppers and select Shopper Group. Then select -default- followed by Enable shoppergroup specific price display. Then select Show Prices  and the individual price fields you wish to display. Then save.

Also check that under Configuration/Pricing / Show Following Prices  that you have the correct settings for the prices you wish to display.

I've tried that already once and just tried again.

I've got show pricing checked in the config with all options selected and did the same for each shopper group.

Still not working

jenkinhill

In the image is this the setting you are changing? If so it is the one that selects which shopper group prices should display for. On a normal shop it wouild be set to anonymous so all shoppers can see the prices.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

webrep3151

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 24, 2012, 19:59:48 PM
In the image is this the setting you are changing? If so it is the one that selects which shopper group prices should display for. On a normal shop it wouild be set to anonymous so all shoppers can see the prices.

That is the setting I'm changing to "please select"

If I select "default" or "anonymous" the prices won't display for that product.

webrep3151

Quote from: webrep3151 on December 24, 2012, 20:49:49 PM
Quote from: jenkinhill on December 24, 2012, 19:59:48 PM

That is the setting I'm changing to "please select"

If I select "default" or "anonymous" the prices won't display for that product.

I've now got it working so that selecting anonymous works.
Don't ask me how.

Now to figure out how I can do that to all the products at once.

Milbo

you should set no shoppergroup for the prices. You dont need two prices. Remove everything, except the costprice and the currency.

Sounds like you have an old vm1.1 shop?

You can do that quite easily with the correct SQL, within some minutes. check your virtuemart_product_prices table.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

webrep3151

Quote from: Milbo on December 24, 2012, 22:55:31 PM
you should set no shoppergroup for the prices. You dont need two prices. Remove everything, except the costprice and the currency.

Sounds like you have an old vm1.1 shop?

You can do that quite easily with the correct SQL, within some minutes. check your virtuemart_product_prices table.

Hi Milbo,

any hint would be helpful. I'm not that SQL efficient.

Thanks