News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Image upload for product customization?

Started by Windwalker, December 22, 2012, 23:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windwalker

Dear VirtueMart community,

I have a customer, who has a rather specific feature request to the shopping system he wants me to set up for him.
Since I usually prefer Joomla as the CMS to build the site with, VirtueMart is the first shopping cart software Tat came to my mind.

I hope you can provide information, whether VirtueMart (or an extension) is capable of providing the following feature:

The customer/user browsing the shop shall be able to:
- Upload an image of own design
- the uploaded image shall be scaled and integrated into the product image, placed into a defined position, to give the customer a preview of how the product will look like

Does anybody here have knowledge of an online shop system bearing such a feature?

Many thanks,
Sascha.

Windwalker

Thanks for your answer.
Your hint may point into the right direction.

Please let me describe the requested feature a bit more precise.
Imagine, my customer wants to sell t-shirts, with custom images printed on.
A customer maybe wants to order 20 shirts in white, with the logo of his sporting club printed upon the chest.
Thus he shall be able to upload the logo image and instantly see a preview of a white shirt with the uploaded image on the chest.

Do you understand?
The image uploaded will have to be scaled and placed (maybe via CSS) upon the default image of the plain white shirt, to give the customer the preview of how the shirts will look like, when manufactured.

Unfirtunately, this seems to be a rather specific topic. The google searches I startec didnn't turn out any worthy results....

Again, many thanks,
Sascha.

Milbo

What you need is a heavily modified textinput plugin. imho it can be done with this (just instead of a text, they upload an image, put the url in session, then show options). then you must use jquery. I think it takes 1-2 weeks to write it. You could sell it on extensions.virtuemart.net later.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member