Product name with weird characters inside mini cart in 2.0.16

Started by etna, December 22, 2012, 17:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kotsifas

i have the same problem as posted in the first place
I use joomla 2.5.9,  virtuemart 2.0.20b and php 5.5.3
I have installed esport template by gavick. I have communicated with them and finally they turned me to you...
this is my post to their forum, if someone needs it to understand what is happening
https://www.gavick.com/forums/140/translation-problems-on-vm-24468.html

any ideas my friends?
below is the final answer of gavick's moderator:

QuoteHi

This issue is becoming even more impossible. I was looking for a right file to add the code adviced in VM forum. I've done it like this:

Looked for a text visible after broken message in cart "προστέθηκε στο καλάθι σας."

Has found that this text is being used by this static lang value: "COM_VIRTUEMART_MINICART_ADDED_JS"

Than scanned all Your site files to see where this code was used and there is none ;/ So I've tried with my copy and was directed to /helpers/config.php file which is not present in Your installation. I honestly do not know what's going on :) I think You have a different VM version than me, but this is just ridicules.

After a while I've tracked it in administrator files for VM, but it was just this part after broken text, no product name there at all. So it means this popup is being constructed from parts located in different files across whole joomla installation. Please ask VM developers where this exact part is located, the broken one and add this encode function then htmlentities($this->product->product_name, ENT_QUOTES, 'utf-8')