News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Export orders to Excel

Started by lindapowers, December 22, 2012, 00:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi

Is there any way to export orders to excel or csv?

There used to be a hack for VM1.x but I can't find a single component or plugin that does it.

Except for that CSVI, but I mean in a more simple and friendly way.. to use daily and not to export products etc as CSVI does.

Is a nightmare not having an export buton and having to copy orders manually.

Yep we use xls for our transport sytem :o

bytelord

Hello,

I believe that CSVI is the easiest and more safe way to do it. You could easy create a template for that export and each time you want it you just run it or create a cron job to create it automatically and just pick up the file.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

lindapowers

Ill give it a try again then, thanks bytelord.

bytelord

Yes it's easy just need to work some hours with it, it's a little bit more complex because gives you too many options so you will be able to find your custom export template for you.
Also you could edit the template files (needs a little bit PHP knowledge) and ajdust them as you wish.

lindapowers

The problem is that it exports to csv which is quite messy, but we can still change it to xls with columns.

Regards

bytelord

Import your csv file into an xls file and make columns, etc as you wish ... automatically and that one ... you can have your excel file grap the csv from a http server and import the records as you want
http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/import-or-export-text-txt-or-csv-files-HP010099725.aspx

lindapowers

Thanks a lot bytelord! I will look carefully in to this.

Regards

jenkinhill

I import the csv file into OpenOffice Calc (it has more flexibility than Excel) and then it looks like an Excel spreadsheet, can be manipulated etc. Also it can be exported frpom Calc as .xls file for import into Excel.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lindapowers

Thanks jenkinhill, I will look in to that too, first thing is creating a template in that CSVI to export orders, then ill try both of your suggestions and test,

Regards

lindapowers

Hi guys just to let you know or any one searching for the same, seems what we need can't be done with CSVI.

That component doesnt allow the export of fields from different tables, so basicly you can export order details but that won't include the product name for example.

We found this component which seems to be more capable of what we want http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/administration/admin-reports/12250 or this one http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-orders/19558

Regards

bytelord

RolandD

Hello,

Old topic I know but people still read it and there is something I would like to clear up.

QuoteThat component doesnt allow the export of fields from different tables, so basicly you can export order details but that won't include the product name for example.
This only applies to the Free version of CSVI, not the Pro version. The Pro version does allow to export the product_name.
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI
http://www.csvimproved.com/

lindapowers

Quote from: RolandD on June 19, 2014, 08:11:42 AM
Hello,

Old topic I know but people still read it and there is something I would like to clear up.

QuoteThat component doesnt allow the export of fields from different tables, so basicly you can export order details but that won't include the product name for example.
This only applies to the Free version of CSVI, not the Pro version. The Pro version does allow to export the product_name.

1. Can you export a file based in order status? I mean export all the "confirmed" orders for example?
2. Can you select the fields and ordering of the exported fields?

We dont mind if its CSV, XLS or PDF.

Exporting a simple list of orders in VM2 seems a nightmare.